Our Government client is currently recruiting for X3 Asset Managers, on a remote contract paying £650 p/d inside IR35.
Role: Asset Manager
Contract Length: 3-6 months
Pay Rate to Candidate: up to £650
The Transaction Manager will be responsible for gaining a full understanding of the occupier’s requirements and identifying property solutions that are aligned to the GPA Business Plan for the transformation of the Civil Estate.
By closely monitoring current and future voids within the onboarded GPA estate the appointed person will present opportunities to interested parties and submit detailed financial proposals working closely with the asset management team and our strategic partners.
In the absence of suitable space within the GPA portfolio the transaction manager will consider how other opportunities in the public sector estate may be made available or enter the wider market to source suitable space.
● Engage with GPA staff to understand their business priorities and requirements and help to raise the profile of the Property Team
● Draft and manage instructions for partners when undertaking transactional activity to include lease variations and acquisitions
● Support on property portfolio projects and occupier requirements
● Implement effective commercial strategies to meet business needs and achieve good commercial outcomes in line with the Commercial Operating Standards
● Provide commercial advice and support to GPA colleagues including engagement on high value, high risk projects and PFI contract management
● Review proposals and business cases providing critical challenge to ensure legal and policy compliance, identification and management of commercial risks and delivery of value for money
● Build trusting and effective working relationships with a wide range of GPA colleagues
● Apply the commercial principles of flexibility, scalability, resilience and security throughout and incorporate into all transactional activities.
● Help maintain and deliver all commercial reporting requirements.
● Support effective contract and supplier relationship management to maximise value in compliance with CM Standards and commercial best practice.
● Embrace the GPA behaviours and work collaboratively to achieve the best outcomes for ourselves, our clients and customers.
● Help GPA to be a happy, engaged and high performing organisation.
● Work with colleagues to enable GPA to meet its strategic objectives to promote growth, transform the Civil Service, contribute to Net Zero and deliver better value.
● Assist in developing and embedding the GPA way.
● Play a key leadership and change management role in developing a strong commercial function for the GPA and across government.
● Interactions: Property Team, GPA Directors and their teams, Key strategic advisors, Crown Commercial Services , Cabinet Office Commercial and PFI Group, Senior Personnel in Strategic Suppliers.
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: ASAP, by Midday 21/12
Interview Process: Teams/Video