This contract with our UK Government Defence client is INISDE IR35 paying £529.02 per day for 2 years based in Salisbury, South West.
The Electro Magnetic Protection has a growing demand for DSP (Digital Signal Processing) engineering skills as it seeks to expand its capabilities in hardware realisation of radar counter measure models, model based design, FPGA programming, and DSP in general.
An experienced DSP engineer is required to lead the development of particular hardware realisations and to mentor EMPG staff such that they have the SQEP to continue the work and development themselves at the end of the contract.
The DSP Engineer will:
- Lead the development of particular hardware realisations of electronic warfare models on particular platforms.
- Develop inexperienced EMPG staff in DSP engineering, FPGA programming and model based design.
- Advise on model based design practices and approaches.
The DSP Engineer will need the following skills:
- Experience in Radar, preferably including Radar counter measures
- Experience in FPGA programming, including VHDL, HDL coder and Simulink
- Experience in model based design in the field of Electronic Warfare
- Experience in delivering to deadlines and following configuration control processes
- Experience in leading and upskilling teams and in particular junior staff
- Experience in writing technical requirements for others to deliver (internally or by Industry)
Security Clearance: SC