- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our client is a major design, engineering and project management consultancy who has been rapidly growing within various sectors. They currently have an opportunity for an experienced and commercially astute VAT Manager in their Warrington office, reporting to the Head of Group Compliance and Reporting and taking responsibility for all aspects of indirect tax advisory and compliance for our Client. The role is full time and hybrid working with an average of 2 days per week in the office.
You will work as part of a UK based Compliance and Reporting team which is part of a wider global tax team
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
- All aspects of UK VAT compliance including review and submission of VAT and statistical returns and liaison with HMRC.
- Manage the transition to a new digital VAT return solution and subsequently a new ERP for the UK.
- Liaise with internal project accountants and support functions to ensure appropriate VAT accounting and advice.
- Maintenance of Senior Accounting Officer VAT documentation.
- Ensure taxes are appropriately considered and compliance obligations fulfilled in respect of the movement of goods within and outside Europe, including between GB and Northern Ireland.
- Oversight and monitoring of potential application of plastic packaging taxes (as this pertains to the movement of goods).
- Provide ad hoc VAT technical expertise and support including liaising with professional advisers.
- Deliver technical updates and training to the business – requiring the need to convey complex tax technical concepts in a non-technical, operational manner that can be understood by business recipients.
- Minimum of either Accountancy qualified (ACA/ACCA) or tax qualified (CTA/ATT preferable).
- Proven and practical experience in VAT dominant role.
- High level of accuracy and eye for detail.
- Ambition and drive to achieve results.
- IT experienced – strong numerical background and advanced excel skills, including pivots.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines, this may require you to flex your working hours at peak times throughout the year.
- Calm and efficient under pressure.
- Professional and team-orientated in approach.
- Confident and effective communicator to work within a truly diverse and global team.