Senior Finance Business Partner
- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our client is a major design, engineering and project management consultancy who has been rapidly growing within various sectors and who is looking for multiple experienced professionals to join them on permanent basis. This role is for a Senior Finance Business Partner located in Leeds and Stockton-On-Tees.
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
- The FBP will be a key member of the Region Leadership Teams, providing evidence based insights to the leadership in pursuit of performance targets.
- Feedback to the RLT on monthly results and the drivers plus advice on corrective or accelerating actions.
- Risk management via review of project forecasts.
- Preparation of budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Month-end results planning.
- Management of cash-flow, monitoring performance and providing support to the business and liaison with the SSF teams regarding billing and debt collection.
- Pricing and bid support to Project Managers and bid directors for opportunities, including review of bid models.
- Liaison with group functions as appropriate on tax, treasury, commercial, cosec and accounting issues.
- Ad hoc projects and support to the divisional Finance Director.
- Involvement with SNCL financial improvement initiatives.
- Strong academic record.
- A qualified accountant (ACA preferred).
- Experience with a major audit practice in the UK.
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- Broad understanding of tax and compliance matters relevant to the geography.
- The role will require travel, mainly within the UK.
- This is a P4 position.
- Demonstrable growth mindset, strong record of collaboration.
- Able to demonstrate curiosity about business and its drivers.
- Resilient and agile.
- Well-developed commercial acumen.
- Strong people skills; comfortable interacting with staff at all levels in a professional services business.
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills.
- Comfortable with speaking in public and capable of presenting with passion.
- Self-starter - able to show and use initiative.
- Empathetic but challenging; seeking continuous improvement of performance.