- Deadline: 20.12.2023
This role is for one of the biggest building services consultancies, they are currently looking for an experienced Payroll Advisor to join their growing team on a permanent basis to support the delivery of numerous projects all across the UK and internationally. This role is located in Epsom.
The work of the Payroll team is key to supporting the business, line managers and employees in all things Payroll related. Our Client's services need to be delivered with passion and commitment, providing a consistently great customer experience.
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
- Accurate and timely input of payroll data, throughout employee lifecycle.
- Ensure all variable payments and deductions are processed via the interface between the Company’s Timesheet System and the Payroll.
- Balance all interfaced data between internal and external systems, ensuring integrity of data at all times.
- Production of manual calculations where required, for example, overpayments, net to gross, pension contributions due to statutory absence etc.
- Ensure pre-payroll processing tasks are completed, the payrolls are run, and the post processing tasks completed, all in a timely, accurate and compliant manner including the submission and retrieval of files to/from HMRC.
- Process BACS payments for monthly payrolls.
- Process salary advances as and when needed.
- Supporting the timely, accurate and compliant transition of employees who TUPE transfer to or from the Payroll.
- Help ensure that all internal and external audit requirements are met.
- Assist AskHR team with all payroll related queries, providing guidance and support on all payroll related matters.
- Carryout User Acceptance Testing for all development/enhancements to Payroll system.
- Work within Project teams for system development, statutory changes and periodic processes; report back to and update Payroll team as appropriate.
- Ensure all payroll processes are documented and maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Use the Payroll Case Management Tool (ServiceNow) to record and maintain accurate records about activities and tasks undertaken.
- Liaise with teams within HR Services, HR Business Partners and Centres of Expertise for escalation and resolution of queries and cases.
- Keep up to date with future trends in Payroll and maintain awareness of changes in Payroll legislation.
- Whilst a recognised Payroll qualification would be preferred, our Client would consider applications where equivalent knowledge and expertise has been obtained via experience.
- Hands on experience of Payroll, with a preference to where this has included working with an HR offshored service delivery model.
- An understanding of current Payroll legislation and compliance.
- Excellent understanding and experience of working with Payroll systems, where experience of Oracle is preferable.
- Demonstrable experience of working with Flexible Benefit Programmes and Salary Sacrifice arrangements.
- Experience of working within an in-house Payroll environment.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Outstanding customer focus and the ability to manage customer requirements through a partnership approach.
- Ability to build strong working relationships/networks with all stakeholders and maintain a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to apply judgement to resolve individual cases.
- Ability to identify and address or escalate risk.
- Willingness to own tasks and the resilience to work through issues to conclusion, maintaining energy and motivation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Discreet with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive situations.