This contract position is with our UK Government Legal client is INSIDE IR35 paying £34.23 umbrella / 25.37 PAYE per hour for 11 months based in London.
Our client is one of the largest providers of legal services across government, working with over 180 government departments and agencies.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified lawyer, ideally with experience of Public law, to join a Public Law litigation team.
CV Submission Deadline is Friday 12th July at 3pm.
Main duties will be as follows:
• Conduct of a complex Public Law litigation caseload.
• Complying with tight Court and client deadlines.
• Attending Court hearings with Counsel including in the Regional Courts.
• Drafting detailed advice on legal merits, risks and litigation strategy.
• Drafting detailed instructions to Counsel.
• Assisting colleagues with their caseloads when necessary.
• Assisting with the team’s knowledge management/sharing objectives and providing input into client legal awareness projects.
• Attending and contributing to team meetings.
• Achieving personal chargeable hours targets.
• Making appropriate use of GLD’s case management system (‘CMS’) and complying with Lexcel requirements,
The client is looking for team member who:
• Uses a process of analysis, planning, scheduling, prioritising, action, quality monitoring and review.
• Takes responsibility for own work with substantial degree of autonomy (with initial close supervision) but knowing when to consult and to delegate.
• Gives early warning to those affected by changing priorities, including the Reporting Officer.
• Displays an understanding of the resourcing requirements of own cases.
• Keeps case files fully updated on CMS.
• Displays an understanding of the context the client operates in and takes a strategic approach to realising client’s objectives.
• Displays the professional attitude that client and company expect from a member of an organisation with a high reputation.
• Adopts a style most likely to build an effective working relationship with the client.
• Responds to reasonable client requests including agreeing achievable and realistic actions, timescales etc.
• Acknowledges clients’ concerns and works to alleviate these in a way that balances client and Agency needs.
• Is alert to media interest which may have an impact on the reputation of the client and/or the Agency.
• Helps other team members to meet tight deadlines to preserve department’s reputation.
• Display Civil Service Values, including in relation to diversity and inclusion, help other people, focus on customer service and look proactively for solutions.
• Keeps abreast of legal developments and current thinking on related policy issues.
• Uses training and other methods to refresh and improve their skills and knowledge.