Our government client are currently looking for a Lead Accreditor / Data Coherence Case Officer to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 12 months
Pay Rate to Candidate: £530.20 p/d UMBRELLA
Data Coherence Case Officer
Responsibilities for Lead Accreditor include and are not limited to:
• Through early engagement, gaining an understanding of the business, Information/Data requirements /flows/sources, and technologies employed and how these fit into the wider enterprise, using this insight to review and influence projects’ requirements to help ‘shape’ and ensure alignment Defence Policy, strategy and evolving shape of the Defence Enterprise.
• Providing advice and guidance to projects throughout their development and acting as a conduit to gain access to other SME advice as necessary covering:
o Architectures: Coherence with Defence Enterprise Architectures and policies helping to drive convergence, coherence and re-use of ICT components.
o Security: Ensuring that a bigger picture view covering the end to end capability is assessed and appropriate, Cyber measures are in place, electromagnetic emissions are addressed.
o Service/Capability Support: Implementation of adequate and appropriate service support and business continuity measures are in place to comply with policy and meet the business risk appetite.
o Safety: Ensure that delivered capabilities and services achieve Safety & Environmental requirements and standards.
o End to End Performance: Assessment of the capabilities in the environment in which they are intended to operate.
o Electromagnetic Spectrum: Ensuring compliance with Defence Policy on use of the Electromagnetic Spectrum.
o Service Development: Assist Programme and Project Managers to ensure that service supplier’s plans and products are aligned with strategy, coherent with the relevant technical architectures and compliant with policies and standards.
• Meeting regularly with Stakeholders to ensure evidence is gathered and assurance process is gradual rather than a cliff edge moment.
• Determining the risks associated with and the impact of releasing /changing/removing capabilities from Defence’s Communication & Information Systems networks early on to enable their mitigation.
• Conducting assessments against JSP 604 (and other artefacts), producing Technical Release Readiness Assessment reports to capture the design and associated residual risks to the Defence Network.
• Ensuring implementation of the assessment recommendations and risk mitigation actions by the team delivering the capability.
• Helping to scope test scenarios required for the capability domains to demonstrate adequate performance and operation alongside being a “good neighbour”.
• Providing advice to Network Operating Authority Release and Deployment Board, The ISS Change Advisory Board and the Defence ICT Design Authority Board to ensure that services are procured, developed and maintained in accordance with the Departmental strategies, policies and architectures and highlight risk presented by capabilities being assured.
• It should be noted that Lead Technical Coherence Case Officer will generally have responsibility for highly complex assurance cases or complex portfolios of applications, systems and services
Technical skills – Essential Functional Competence
Functional Competence Level
SFIA IT Governance (GOVN) 5
SFIA Business Risk Management (BURM) 5
SFIA Information Systems Co-ordination (ISCO) 6
SFIA Enterprise and Business Architecture Development (STPL) 5
Technical skills – Essential qualifications or memberships
TOGAF - to hold or be attained within 12 months
ITIL v3 (Foundation) - to hold or be attained within 12 months
Membership of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET) or
Membership of the British Computer Society (MBCS) or
relevant experience in a technical sphere, ideally in Communications or Information Systems.
Experience - Essential
Awareness of MoD Risk Management practices and processes.
Demonstrable awareness of Programme / Project Management techniques.