Cash Collections Assistant
- Deadline: 28.02.2024
This role is for one of the biggest building services consultancies, they are currently looking for an experienced Cash Collections Assistant to join their growing team on a permanent basis to support the delivery of numerous projects all across the UK and internationally. This role is located in Worcester with an additional location of Birmingham.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- To assist in the collection of external customer debt.
- To inform and resolve any issues or disputes on external Customer accounts that may prevent payment.
- To build internal Customer relationships to assist in the Cash Collections role.
- To build external Customer relationships to assist in the collection of cash.
- To ensure that appropriate action is taken against accounts that are in default, in line with the Cash Collections procedure.
- To maintain Customer account records to communicate previous actions taken.
- To demonstrate ability to meet the monthly cash target both individually and as a team.
- To advise our Client's Business Units of any potential issues or problems that may arise on external Customer accounts.
- A few years of experience working in a Collections/Credit Control environment.
- Experience working with purchase orders and resolving disputes.
- Excel: Intermediate level in order to create spreadsheets and maintain databases when required.
- Word: Basic level in order to create written communication and reports.
- Outlook: Intermediate level in order to communicate with Customers via email.
- Telephone Skills: Ability to handle all types of calls, whether internal or external, in a polite, helpful and informative manner.
- Experience of using an Accounting Software Package e.g. Sage.
As a person you will need:
- Customer Awareness - Recognizing the differences between external and internal customers and the importance of both.
- Customer Focused - Ability to deal with all types of Customer queries and disputes within your role.
- Communication - To communicate both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Dealing with problems - Willingness to help and resolve internal and external customer issues.
- Information Seeking - Ability to collate relevant information to help internal or external customers.
- Team Working - Willingly cooperates and supports all team members, appreciates being part of a wider SSF team.