This contract with our Defence Client is for a Caseworker for 6 months. This role is located in Aldershot.
The duties and responsibilities of a Temporary Safeguarding Case Worker:
• Children’s welfare is of central importance to all aspects of the Army Cadets Safeguarding Hub.
• Carry out enquiries sensitively; listening to children and young people; understanding and valuing their experiences.
• Assess the suitability of individuals to retain their membership of the Army Cadets, aiming to complete enquiries within a maximum of 20 working days of case allocation.
• Liaise with external agencies and statutory authorities as needed to gather information to inform recommendations and decision making.
• Utilise sound judgement and evidence to arrive at robust and child-centred recommendations and decisions.
• Manage cases in-line with legislation, statutory guidance and Army Cadet Force policies.
• Compile and submit referrals to Disclosure Organisations (Disclosure and Barring Service and Disclosure Scotland).
• Keep detailed, accurate and secure records of all allegations, concerns and actions taken.
• Consult with Managers before sharing sensitive information with others, ensuring appropriate respect of confidentiality, taking care of sensitive records and information, following Data Protection protocols.
• Working collaboratively to provide advice and guidance to parents, guardians, cadets, volunteers and other key stakeholders.
• Participate in case review meetings with Senior Safeguarding Case Worker Managers to help inform recommendations and decisions on case, and constancy across the team
• Maintain responsibility for own and others emotional health, accessing support mechanisms as required