Our client a central government client has a 3 month contract with extension paying £485pd INSIDE IR35 and based in Southend.
CV Deadline: 23rd at 5pm
• Only send SC relevant candidates – BPSS who are able to be uplifted
• Project is a Data migration project – shifting from Legacy to a more modern system
• Key skills: UNIX scripting - make connections from UTM / FTP putting scripts in place to send and receive data
• Working in a SCRUM team – need AGILE
• Shell scripting in UNIX – essential & Documentation
• Trouble shoot and fix issues & bugs
Candidate should expect to travel for workshops. Locations not known at this stage but could be London, Telford etc.
Demonstrable experience in the following is essential:
• Key skills are UTM and UNIX shell for UNIX developer
• You will also be working within a server environment using a mix of Solaris, AIX, RHEL and CentOS, with a small number of Windows. Working within the Platform team responsible for the administration of physical and virtual systems in a DevOps Sys Admin role
• Implementation of systems to comply with security and disaster recovery strategy including separation of duties
• Working on specific, targeted projects to deliver consistent, maintainable solutions
• Addressing incident tickets & service requests from internal customers and performing the necessary troubleshooting and remedial work to fix issues
• Produce and maintain documentation on collaboration environments for systems and services.
• Provide a mix of level 2 and level 3 technical support and diagnostic assistance to support and development colleagues;
• Writing Shell scripts for file transfer, validation and processing.
• Working with configuration management tool to produce consistent system builds and Remedy non-compliant systems;
• Participate in system upgrades
• Automation of manual activities