Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Test Manager, on an ongoing 12 month contract paying £600 P/D Inside IR35.
Role title: Test Manager
Day Rate: £600pd
Provisional Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
• 5+ years of Quality Assurance and Testing with ERP systems in large transformation programs
• Demonstrable experience of test delivery in Supply Chain environments
• E2E test management of complex initiatives whilst managing/co-ordinating a number of diverse test teams and people
• Experience of planning, estimating, managing and owning Test Preparation and Execution activities
• Work with Environment leads, Delivery Leads, Architects and Suppliers to align activities and outputs as required
• Experience of working n Agile/ Scrum delivery environments
• Assuring functional, performance, security and operational acceptance activities
Generating an assurance report to provide a single page view of the residual risks to the senior management
• Specific knowledge of test delivery for SIT and UAT end-to-end
• Work to time and quality meeting project deadlines
• Demonstratable experience working in complex and fast paced environments
• Ability to work to own initiative, be dynamic and self-motivated
• Ability to multi-task and manage various project test elements simultaneously
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proactively identifying and mitigating product and project (test delivery) risks
• Experience of implementing automated test processes and framework
• Understanding of the challenges associated with cross platform testing programmes
• Being persistent and resilient
• Achieving set objectives as defined in the test plan
• Split down the day to day duties – Assign a percentage : For example: Change Management 30%, Training 20% etc.
• Keywords for CV searching: For example “Test Manager”, “Test lead”, “SIT”, UAT”, “ERP”, “Supply Chain”, “Persistent”, “Agile”, “Agile”, “Scrum”, “structured”
• Be specific as possible, using numbers where possible (e.g. experience managing teams of 10 or more)
• Don’t ask for anything that discriminates against personal traits such as age or sex
• Excellent communication and influencing skills – verbal & written – with ability to liaise at all levels, including board.
• Ability to articulate vision, engage stakeholders, and provide technical leadership to deliver the vision.
• Ability to drive change and overcome obstacles and resistance.
• Ability to work in an ambiguous environment, clarifying strategies and plans, giving a sense of direction and purpose for self and team.
• Decision making by seeking constructive outcomes in discussions.
• Setting direction and taking ownership for deliverables.