Our government client are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 31/03 End date
Location: Remote – Remote based until COVID restrictions ease – Manchester. Blackpool and Leeds Hubs
IR35: Inside IR35
Pay Rate to Candidate: £750pd
To lead all software engineering activities. Maturing the engineering team and putting in place practices and frameworks to enable the delivery of key platform components.
Summary of the Role and key responsibilities
• Leading software and test engineers across Common Platforms
• Putting in place a culture of technical innovation
• Improving engineering practices, tools and frameworks not just within Common Platforms, but across Children’s Digital
• Engineering resource workload planning and prioritisation
• Accelerating the move towards containers and GitLab SaaS.
This should also include the Levels of skills you require
1. Extensive software development experience especially using NodeJS and Java
2. Microservices, Containers and Kubernetes experience.
3. Extensive experience of building microservices and event-based applications
4. Software frameworks
5. Cloud certified (desirable)
Knowledge and Experience required:
e.g. Previous experience of working for a government dept.
1. Previous experience of leading one or more engineering teams essential
This is the nice to have but not essential criteria