Our Government client is currently recruiting for x2 Senior User Researchers on a 6 month remote contract paying £600 P/D Inside IR35.
Role: Senior User Researcher
Digital/Non Digital: Digital
Contracting Authority: DHSC
Sensitive Information on Client –YES - please do not advertise rate or client name
Contract Length: 6 months
Pay Rate to Candidate: £600
We’re interested in people with skills in:
● Conducting pandemic safe research that is accessible
● in-depth interviews, workshop facilitation, ethnography research techniques
● Trauma-informed practice
● Ethical and best practice research, and the ability to explain this to stakeholders and other team members
● Inclusive research
● making complex language and processes easy to understand (how things work now, what are the issues, what works well already etc)
● giving direction on which tools or methods to use and experienced in meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels, offering insight and expertise in how user needs change over time
● researching vulnerable and niche audiences such as those in financial hardship, with health concerns, young people, elderly or the disabled
● research moderation skills and questioning techniques
● developing qualitative research discussion guides for different objectives and research questions
● providing feedback to and mentoring others to make sure they’re delivering quality work
● Significant experience of user research within a government or health setting, understanding and application of GDS approach
● Strong knowledge of best practices in user research and user-centered research, and the ability to embed them into an agile workflow to deliver timely outputs.
● Ability to adapt to different audiences.
● Participation in research practice development, training and mentorship
● Ability to manage and influence stakeholders and contribute to improving these relationships, using evidence to explain decisions made.
● Ability to define strategies and policies, providing guidance to others on working in the strategic context.
● Good time management and the ability to work autonomously.
● Adept at providing simple, clear and audience appropriate research and synthesis
● Ability to get to the heart of an issue, demonstrating expert knowledge in an applied setting
● Experience of high profile programmes of work, with levels of complexity and uncertainty
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 24/06
Interview Process: 30 min teams