Our Public Sector client is currently recruiting for a Senior User Researcher on a 6 month remote working contract paying £550 P/D INSIDE IR35.
Role: Senior User Researcher
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Remote working
IR35: In scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £550 Umbrella
Security Clearance: BPSS
Interview Process: MS Teams
This resource will provide senior level user research expertise.
This will include, but is not limited to:
• Persona definition of internal and external consumers of IT services and their relevant consumer journeys
• User research and documentation of consumer experiences and pain points
• Partnering with Product Owners to ensure stories are captured that can improve the consumer experience with recommendations on priority
• Designing approaches to capture ongoing consumer feedback to continuously identify opportunities to improve the platform
Skills and knowledge required include:
• Substantial specialist knowledge of a range of research approaches including both quantitative and qualitative methodology.
• Applied working knowledge of the user centred design process.
• Extensive knowledge of appropriate research methods across the user-centred design lifecycle and how to implement them
• Knowledge of health service management, including change management and workforce re-design
• Significant experience of planning, designing and delivering user research.
• Experience of leading several large projects.
• Evidence of delivering research that has had a demonstrable positive influence on service and product design.
• Confident in regularly presenting research findings to the wider organisation, externally and to senior stakeholders.
• Experience of leading research within an agile multi- disciplinary team with product owners, content designers, visual designers to devise programmes of research.
• Experience of conducting usability testing sessions: designing tasks and scenarios, using a range of tools to collect data and providing recommendations supported by evidence such as video, graphs, tables and pictures.
• Experience of negotiating with a project team to ensure that user research makes a valuable contribution to a project and that user insights are acted upon.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate and resolve conflict both within the agile team and amongst senior stakeholders.
• Can fluently and confidently explain technically difficult and multi-stranded research, so that non - technical audiences can understand their value and purpose and know when and how to exploit them.
• Can demonstrate that they are able to follow a suitable ethical code when carrying out research with people.
• Ability to use a range of software, tools and methods (e.g. online survey and remote user testing software, thematic analysis, basic data analysis etc.) to conduct user research analysis in order to make robust recommendations.