Senior Systems Engineer
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
This contract with our central government client is for a Senior Systems Engineer for 9 months with a potential for extension. The role is located in Aldermaston or Coventry and can be partially remote with about 3 days per week onsite.
- To Engineering Task/Project Manager for planning and execution of tasks in order to deliver specific agreed objectives; demonstrating control of cost, quality and timeliness of engineering output.
- Lead and influence collaborative working and contribute towards the achievement of project goals.
- Provide mentorship and supervision of staff working in systems engineering.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Elicit, analyse and translate stakeholder needs into technical requirements.
- Undertake requirements derivation, architecture development and system simulation.
- Undertake modelling and simulation to explore problem space and potential system solutions.
- Undertake requirements verification and validation and support technology teams’ derivation of verification and validation events, test cases, test plans and test specifications, to support integration activities.
- Perform or lead trade studies and analyse the relative benefits/merits of competing solutions.
- Lead the development and delivery of viable technical solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Manage and develop long term plans in support of life-cycle phases using Systems Engineering best practice.
- Support process capture, implementation and improvements for integrating the sub-systems.
- Support project reviews for internal programmes and external contracts, including providing written reports and verbal briefs to management and stakeholders.
- Maintain and promote awareness of Systems Engineering best practice and wider systems issues.
- Requirements Management
- Writing requirements
- Use of VVRM (Verification and Validation of Requirements Matrix)
- Use of DOORS software (or equivalent)
- Stakeholder Management
- Verbal and Written communication skills