Our client a central government department are currently looking for a Senior Statistician to join their team on a 6 month contract paying £480pd inside IR35.
SC Clearance required
CV Deadline: Monday 21st September
Location: Newcastle, Leeds,London & Sheffield
A first or second class honours degree in relevant subject area e.g. Statistician:
A first or second class honours degree in a subject containing formal statistical training (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Sciences, Business Studies, Psychology, Geography Data Science or similar);
Alternatively must hold other relevant professional statistical qualification or demonstrate working experience and track record of working in a statistical role.
1. In depth knowledge of statistical software tools for applying standard statistical techniques. SAS is the current departmental standard too for analysis so experience in SAS or aptitude to pick up the skills quickly is vital.
Knowledge and Experience required:
e.g. Previous experience of working for a government dept.
Proven analytical experience using both large-scale survey data and administrative data.
● Ability to work independently towards own objectives, effectively prioritising competing demands to deliver to deadlines, using forward planning to identify risks and issues.
● Ability to provide accurate, expert and professional advice to support effective decisions.
● Commitment to Quality Assurance and able to identify limitations within data and analysis.
● Ability to communicate analysis clearly, choosing appropriate styles to ensure understanding and maximise impact.
● Evidence of actively managing relationships with a range of stakeholders, seeking and learning from feedback and developing their own reputation.