Our Major Public sector client is currently recruiting for a Senior Python Developer on a 6 months contract paying £650 P/D inside IR35.
Role: Senior Python Developer
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: After restrictions lift 2-3 days per week in office.
IR35: In scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £650 per day umbrella
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: Friday 30th April at 3pm
Interview Process: 2 stage including technical test and competency based interview
• 5-6 years Developer experience using Wagtail and Python
• Previous experience leading a team of Developers
• Experience in development practices and azure deployment pipelines
• Experience in sharing knowledge on tech stack
• Previous NHS Experience
• Previous experience working in agile
As a senior developer you need to have good problem solving skills and be willing to take on responsibilities to get the job done. Senior Developers will work closely with other developers, sometimes pair-programming. They will also work closely with architects, business analysts, product owners from the business as well as the the database, infrastructure and integration teams to ensure that software released to the site meets the needs of the public, in order to refine stories for new projects and also ensure software released to the site meets the needs of the public. You should also have a keen interest in cutting edge internet technology and enjoy keeping up with the latest technological developments.
You need to be writing your code in a test-driven manner, and comfortable in mentoring others in doing so. You’ll be championing good development practices, such as TDD, BDD, Refactoring, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration and Deployment, SOLID principles, Design Patterns.
The Senior Developer will:
• Act as a technical specialist in Python and Wagtail technologies collaborating with the development team.
• Work in an Agile multidisciplinary team.
• Be a graduate with a degree in a relevant subject and/or individual with relevant work experience.
• Confidently engage with stakeholders when appropriate.
• Communicate complex technical issues and risks to non-technical people, requiring the ability to translate technical impacts into a language understood by business areas and to ensure that the communication has been successful.
• Be involved in negotiations around change in scope and handling the contentious priorities of balancing changing customer needs with the need to deliver to time and budget.