Our Rail client is currently looking for a Senior Project Manager on a 6 month contract at £485 per day.
Role: Senior Project Manager
Digital/Non Digital: non
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: The Quadrant Milton Keynes
IR35: In scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £485 per day
-Experience of real time data capture across a large geographical area would be desirable as the candidate would be project managing the upgrade of geographically disperse networked systems across Great Britain.
-Site visits will be included too and some occasional trips to suppliers and the ability to communicate to the stakeholders
-Command respect from suppliers
-Excellent communication skills to the stakeholders
-IT infrastructure applications and cloud based applications – database applications – software development
-Word, excel, Power BI, Visio, PowerPoint
• Significant proven track record in delivering projects of successful large scale and complex IT projects with an element of business change
• Significant experience in leading project management and delivery.
• Expert knowledge of project management principles, methods, techniques, tools and emerging trends.
• Significant experience in management of customer expectations, senior stakeholders and developing strong relationships across the business.
• Strong leadership skills, motivating and inspiring confidence in others.
• Proven track record in managing staff performance/underperformance and developing high performing staff and teams
• High levels of flexibility, adaptability and broad thinking.
• Proven track record in supplier management and commercial acumen
• Knowledge and experience of applying a range of delivery/ development life cycles, e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative
• Strong financial management skills including quality forecasting
• Knowledge of/experience in the UK rail industry or equivalent.
• Formal Programme/Project Management qualifications (e.g. APM/P – Certified Project Manager, Managing Successful Programmes, and Prince 2)