Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Senior Procurement manager on a 3 month initial contract paying £800 P/D Inside IR35 Remote.
Role: Senior Procurement Manager
Contract Length: 30/09/2021
Pay Rate to Candidate: £800 per day
Minimum Requirement: As per below
Security Clearance: bpss
CV Deadline: 14/06/2021@ 10am
• Create, maintaining and utilising strong personal working relationships with suppliers, internal customers and other category experts across the public and private sector;
• Understanding public sector needs, and combining them with deep market insights, commercial acumen and creativity to shape thinking and deliver innovative category strategies and product propositions (demonstrating synergies and benefits)
• Use your strong communication and influencing skills to proactively build strong relationships of influence with customers and suppliers, and develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of categories and markets acting as a source of expert insight and advice for the public sector;
• Use your good awareness and understanding of commercial marketplaces and strategic category management to create best-in-class category strategies addressing the future trajectory of the categories;
• Enjoy creating innovative product and sourcing strategies (including structure, specification/statement of requirements, key performance indicators and pricing models) that enable markets to deliver customer and supplier needs, outstanding customer service, savings, optimisations, and demand management opportunities;
• Coach and develop colleagues, enhancing individuals hard and soft skills, team effectiveness, and organisational learning and commercial acumen; and
• Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the Commercial Organisation.
• Public sector procurement experience.
• Knowledge of applicable regulations.
• Understanding of compliant routes to market.
• Ability to engage stakeholders at senior levels and manage expectations.
• Ability to develop and manage category strategies.
• Ability to work under pressure and at pace.
• Proven leadership skills across a diverse team
• Has utilised excellent communication and consultative selling skills to building strong relationships with senior strategic relationships including stakeholders, customers and suppliers.
• Led, managed and coached teams and individuals
• Developed innovative category, product and sourcing strategies demonstrating unrelenting focus on customer service and deep market insight;
• Moved comfortably between big picture strategy and operational detail, innovating to create ways of overcoming problems and deliver positive outcomes and solutions exceeding customer expectations (including savings and other benefits); and
• Practical project management experience, including creating and leading implementation plans and risk management.
• Delivered Strategic Supplier Management enhancing category and supplier performance.