Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Senior Incident Co-ordinator, on a 6 month remote contract paying £800 P/D inside IR35 remote.
Role: Senior Incident Co-ordinator
Contract Length: 6 Months
Pay Rate to Candidate: Max £800 per day
In this role you will be expected to coordinate and lead on various incidents, reporting into the Head of Security Operations in the CISO team. These will include typical security incidents across a variety of systems and teams. You will be working closely with our security monitoring teams and other incident handling teams as well as suppliers and may have to coordinate several different parties in some cases.
The focus here is on coordination of incidents, working with staff and colleagues across T&T, rather than deeply technical analysis – however technical skills and knowledge (particularly of AWS and Azure) will be very beneficial.
You will be joining a rapidly developing team and as such the role may be quite varied including work such as:
- Leading / managing security incidents across T&T
- Working closely with our security monitoring, IT and security architect teams to understand and properly handle incidents
- Handling ‘end user’ / staff incidents, working with HR as required
- Collating and reporting on incidents to Head of SecOps
- Mentoring and supporting junior incident handling staff
- Helping to review and improve incident response capabilities
- Tracking post incident learnings and actions
- Leading ‘major’ incidents / leading the ‘security’ response on major IT/other incidents
- Threat analysis / intelligence
- Purple / blue teaming and incident exercising
As part of the CISO Security Operations Team you will engage at a technical and strategic levels with people across Test and Trace, including suppliers and other government bodies.
You will also be expected to carry out the following day to day activities:
• Keep up to date on the latest security incident trends and threats
• Support assurance and governance work
• Track and reviewing incidents being handled by other teams
• Handle general security queries and supporting wider Test and Trace security teams
Proven experience of handling a range of security incidents and working with security teams and suppliers.
• 2+ years experience leading a range of security incidents
• 4+ years experience in a cyber / IT security role – preferably in an in-house security function or as a consultant
• Ability to manage and track complex incidents and manage multiple tasks and teams during an incident – good project mgmt. skills would assist.
• Experience working with security monitoring teams / SOCs
• Experience working with vendors / 3rd parties
• AWS, Azure and on-premise security experience
• Ability to present findings clearly and concisely
• Ability to lead and guide others
• Communicating to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Time management & prioritisation
Ideally you will also have the following skills or some experience in:
• Experience of complex and regulated environments
• Understanding of data breach incidents
• Working with security testing teams / suppliers
• Complex stakeholder management
• Problem solver, delivery focused
• Attention to detail, but able to view the bigger picture and understand business risks and needs
• Communicating clearly in a language which meets the needs of different users
Security Clearance: BPSS