Our public sector client are currently looking for a Senior Finance Manager to join their team on a 4 month contract based in London and paying £400pd inside IR35.
• Line manage one Finance Support Officer
• Coordinating the operational side of Finance Team by support our HEO and EO operation work: raising PO, receipting invoices, cashflow forecast
• Meet with Programme manager to review spend and help create accurate forecast and spend profiles.
• Monthly reconciliations of actuals vs budget and forecast
• Monitor headcount and salary forecast
• Answer ad-hoc queries and requests received in the Team mailbox
• Ability to manage a lively mailbox and delegate tasks
• Ability to identify a problem and implement a solution
• Experience of communicating financial performance and management information for senior decision makers and advising on associated risks, pressures, and potential underspends to non-financial audiences.
• Evidence of being a self-starting individual who can work with a variety of partners to achieve outcomes.
• Strong financial awareness and an ability to influence decision making.
• Ability to introduce resilient and robust financial management and financial governance procedures, including reviewing and updating the financial risks and risk reporting.
• Evidence of delivering at pace under challenging circumstances.
• Ability to encourage, empower and engage teams to deliver high performance and build capability.
• Ability to build positive relationships with our Project managers, communicate and resolve finance issues.
• Understanding fiscal event processes and contributing to the development of business case proposals
• Part or fully qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIPFA or CIMA qualification), or strong interest in studying towards one (Depending on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate, an accountancy allowance may be available to suitable CCAB/CIMA qualified chartered accountants.