Our central government client are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: until 11/07/2022
Location: Hybrid role – test work in the lab -Didcot (SE Didcot)
Pay Rate to Candidate: £440 Umb
Responsibilities will be:
- Analogue and digital circuit design
- PCB layout of complex multilayer boards.
- Leading the functional testing of assembled boards.
- VHDL design work.
- The production of manufacturing drawings and parts lists.
- Reporting to senior project staff on progress as appropriate.
- Writing specifications, test plans, test reports and other documentation as required
- Carrying out FMEA, reliability, parts stress and worst case analyses.
- Presenting work at project reviews and progress meetings, which may be within the UK or abroad.
- Representing our department to our customers and partners during visits.
- Play a leading role in project teams, with coordination between different disciplines and demonstrated prior experience in this area having completed at least one major project from start to finish.
- Provide technical support and advice to other engineers in the division.
- Take a lead role in design reviews.
• A minimum of a 2:2 in a first degree in electronic engineering or closely related subject or equivalent experience
• Analogue and digital electronic design experience
• Experience of PCB layout
• Knowledge and use of analytical and modelling tools
• Prior use of electronics CAD tools, especially schematic capture and circuit simulation
• Proven practical skills such as verification and testing of circuit boards and components
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of electronic system requirements for space applications
• Schematic design experience using Orcad Capture and PCB layout experience using Allegro
• Experience using VHDL
• Experience using higher-level software programming languages or applications (e.g. C/C++, LabVIEW)
• Experience of FMEA, reliability, parts stress and worst case analyses
• Evidence of technical competence through the award of C.Eng or equivalent.