Our Public Sector client is currently recruiting for x2 Senior Data Managers, on 3 month rolling contract paying £550 P/D remote.
Role: Senior Data Manager
Contract Length: 3 month rolling contract – likely to be til 31st March 2022
Pay Rate to Candidate: £550 p/d umbrella
• Proficient in identifying and managing demand in areas where there are shared and conflicting agendas.
• Proficient in identifying and defining the resources needed to deliver to a specification.
• Experience of working in and leading a multidisciplinary team using agile methodologies.
• Experience developing and maintaining code, using languages such as R, Python, Spark SQL SAS, T-SQL, PL/SQL and Scala.
• Significant experience managing and automating data, using latest technologies.
• Experience of analysing raw data and assessing/ reporting on data quality, both to data suppliers and to senior management.
• Significant data management and optimisation expertise, covering process design; code development (using languages such as R, Python, SQL or SAS); data architecture; testing and assurance; and reference/ master data management.
• Experience of successfully delivering data management services in large and complex organisations.
• Proven experience gathering, analysing, interpreting and prioritising customer requirements/specifications for complex and technical processes.
• Experience developing clear process documentation, based on customer requirements, against which a developer could build a technical process.
• Experience testing processes and/or software, and the development of test scripts.
• Expert in building the most appropriate database and process design, developing code using industry standard data management tools, in this case Databricks (on AWS).
• Expertise in developing code using established coding languages, specifically Python and ANSI SQL. The ability to understand MS SQL and/or SAS DI Studio is a bonus as legacy products are written in these languages.
• Focus on user needs and developing solutions in close partnership with customers, using agile approach.
• Build data products that are fully automated, can be re-used, extended, and deployed as “production quality” services
• Ability to collaborate with others to build the whole data processing pipeline – from data extract through to finished data products (which could include final extracts, indicator, and publication content.
• Ability to work against a specification to develop automated and repeatable processes, but equally comfortable to question where specification is ambiguous.
• Suitable experience in the use of the following toolsets which are key to successfully management of the Buyers outcomes: