Our Government client is currently looking for an SC cleared Senior Data Insights Manager for a 6 months hybrid contract in one of the locations: London, Milton Keynes, or East Kilbride.
You will be a part of the IT Service Management department which is focused on ensuring that End Users are able to access and use the IT Services available to them in a structured and coherent manner.
The Data Insights capability sits within the Service Insights and Improvement function and will own the IT Service Management Data Model enabling users to utilise data and analytics to generate business insights.
You will be responsible for applying a sustainability focus, using data reporting and analysis to identify opportunities to increase sustainability and reduce the Information and Digital Directorate (IDD) ’s impact on the environment.
You will be responsible for collating data from across the ITSM estate, ensuring data quality and coherence. You will also enable and support the organisation to deliver reporting and management information including sustainability considerations to senior leadership to support in insights driven decision making.
The Senior Data Insights Manager will have line management responsibilities, including:
• Oversight of direct reports and line management duties throughout their team
• Managing team prioritisation and utilisation.
• Leading recruitment within the Data Insights team.
• Demonstrating role model values of diversity and inclusion, leadership and embracing change within the team, engaging and maintaining the commitment of staff.
• Developing a supporting environment for staff, promoting a culture of constructive feedback, learning, development and flexible working.
The Senior Data Insights Manager is responsible for:
• Overseeing the development and maintenance of Data Insights processes, policies, procedures.
• Overseeing curation of the ITSM Data Model, ensuring that data is of an appropriate quality, coherence and relevance.
• Supporting Product Teams to build Service Models which will feed into the wider Data Model.
• Providing SME support to Product Teams and ITSM Capabilities in using the Data Model for Data Insights and service reporting via best practices, tools and templates.
• Providing data analysis for quarterly strategic roadmaps and Policies, including the identification of sustainability improvement opportunities for inclusion within ITSM and IDD strategies and policies.
• Providing timely reports up to the Head of Service Insights and Improvement and other leadership via weekly governance forums or as required.
• Attending Sustainability meetings and submitting STAR reports within compliant timeframes.
• Supporting the Data Protection Officer through ensuring alignment to GDPR and other data protection standards, attending Security Forums to seek approvals as required.
• Identifying use cases and requirements from senior leadership to develop relevant management information.
• Proactively focusing on continuous improvement of self and service, working with others to improve the user experience, simplify processes and improve the efficiency of IT Services to enable the Government’s diplomatic, development and consular work around the world.
The candidate will receive access to relevant civil servant training as part of this role. Our client is committed to staff development and encouraging staff to achieve their potential. Opportunities to achieve professional level qualifications are available in this role including in commercial and IT Service management, including:
• Strategic Decision Making
• Leadership Skills