Senior Cloud Platform Engineer
Quote ref: 990014/74493
This contract with our central government client is for a Senior Cloud Platform Engineer for 6 months. The role is located in London and requires 2-3 days per week onsite with the rest remote.
They are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Cloud Platform Engineer to join their team. You will play a crucial role in shaping and optimising their cloud environment and will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining their cloud infrastructure on AWS. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in cloud architecture, networking and security, with hands-on experience in deploying and maintaining scalable, reliable and cost effective solutions on AWS.
As a Senior Cloud Platform Engineer, you will have:
● Expert skills in IAC (Terraform, Cloudformation) including moving legacy infrastructure into state
● Strong technical leadership qualities, including the ability to set technical direction and lead complex projects.
● A DevSecOps mindset.
● Demonstrate a strong commitment to and the ability to champion best practices in cloud infrastructure engineering, ensuring the team adheres to industry standards and continuously seeks opportunities for improvement.
● Strong AWS experience including creating and maintaining VPC’s, security groups, network ACL’s, subnets & nat gateways with a focus on creating private infrastructure with controlled access.
● Logging, monitoring & alerting from CloudWatch and CloudTrail (including billing as well as application monitoring), Lambda.
● Exceptional problem solving skills with a strong ability to address complex issues.
● Demonstrable experience with designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines
Desirable to have:
● Experience with version control systems, especially Git
● Familiarity with Docker / Containerisation
● Scripting (with python as a bonus)
● Active SC Clearance
Nice to have:
● Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment.