This contract with our central government client is for a Senior Buyer for 12 months. The role is located in Risley and requires around 3 days on site per week. The pay rate is 23.39/hour PAYE.
To support and contribute to the successful delivery of the scope, schedule and cost against the work scope of Business Services portfolio by the ensuring the optimum provision of fit for purpose goods and services from the Supply Chain.
Specific deliverables of the role include (these are subject to change):
17 contracts to be managed:
• 5 call offs from Leadership and Behavioural Development framework – low to medium complexity
• 3 contracts with Ernst & Young – medium complexity, including one for Leadership Academy which is currently running ok but is rather medium to high
• 4 contracts for the provision of training – medium complexity
• 2 contracts currently being set up – KPMG (Catalogue of courses under CCS framework) & Premier Partnership (Lean Leader) – medium or potentially medium to high (TBC)
• 3 contracts with very low complexity – annual PO
2 LINC procurements - interim replacements of the 5 behavioural call offs. Scope currently being finalised – contracts required from October 2023.
Project Academy – £20m open procurement. Contract award in 2024. 2 contracts need to be replaced next year – Psychometric testing (value below PCR threshold) and 360 degree feedback (around £100k pa).
• 2 contract extensions in Q4 – low complexity
• Potential replacement of Coaching for Infrastructure if required – current arrangements end in Aug 2024.
• Provision of short courses (around £3m currently delivered by Gen2 under the interim contract, new contract required from Sept 2024)
• Transition of apprentice training contracts that will be awarded later this year – high complexity
• Replacement of TEG Team leader development (around £300k per annum) – extension approved for 3+3 months, procurement under the DPS to commence in the next 2 months, currently scope being finalised.
• NEBOSH training – interim contract until April 24 (optional 6 months extension until October if any headroom left) – currently around £150-180k per annum
• Various Direct Awards within the Education that will need to be competed