Our Public sector client is currently recruiting for a Security Lead Technical Architect, on a 6 month remote contract, paying £800 P/D Inside IR35.
Role: Security Lead Technical Architect
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Remote with occasional travel to Leeds
Pay Rate to Candidate: £800 p/d umbrella
CV Deadline: Wednesday 30/06 – 4pm
Interview Process: 1 stage via MS Teams
Security is at the top of the agenda. As the Lead Security Architect, you will play a pivotal role in this regard. He/she will be responsible for defining and developing security architecture roadmap and implement related controls and processes.
The Lead Security Architect is expected to document the state of architecture, define a target state, impact assess key areas of risk and vulnerabilities, make strong recommendations to address them and work with key stakeholders to shape up an execution plan for their resolution.
Please note this is this candidate is required to be well versed with technology trends, provide team leadership, and take a hands-on approach when necessary.
We are looking to onboard a proactive, experienced and practically minded individual to run a small team of architects and deliver this function to support our Cyber defence team. Communication and collaboration are the key when working collaboratively with our Cyber colleagues, fellow architects, software and systems engineering teams to drive security culture throughout the organisation, as well as to build proactive monitoring and responses to security events.
Main Responsibilities of the Lead Security Architect
• Manage, oversee and lead a team of high technical security specialists (approximately 5) that deliver security services to rest of organisation across, e.g., application and Cyber teams.
• Document the current state, perform maturity assessment, create a heat-map, perform risks assessment and make recommendation to address highest areas of concerns.
• Define and maintain the Security service and products strategy and roadmap based on inputs from technical debt, internal and external threat trends, business needs and regulatory drivers.
• Drive the uplift in security capability to ensure an appropriate toolset, technologies and processes are in place and utilised to achieve an effective security.
• Drive minimisation of technical debt that exists due to unpatched and out of date hardware and software.
• Define and manage training to uplift the Security culture.
• Embed the use of automated testing tools and processes, standardised frameworks and standards to enhance the agility and effectiveness of security services.
• Proactively engage with stakeholders to obtain buy-in for the service and manage the escalations and expectations accordingly.
Key Skills, Attributes and Experience of the Lead Security Architect
This role would suit someone with experience of managing security in a large and complex organisation.
• Deep understanding of Information and Security in terms of concepts, governance and principles; Experience of security governance and compliance (e.g., GDPR, ISO27001)
• Ability to define roadmaps and be hands-on approach to implementation.
• In-depth, hands-on working knowledge in application development with experience of application security, cryptography, identity and access management technologies and operational experience in a global organisation.
• Experience in cloud security, i.e. working with Cloud solutions like AWS and Azure
• Strong experience with penetration testing lifecycle (scope, conduct, analysis, client delivery)
• An excellent level of attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership
• Ability to work both individually with minimal supervision in addition to working as a part of larger teams on projects of varying complexity.
• Experience of developing a people strategy, influencing stakeholders and decision makers, and executing decisions efficiently and consistently in the modern workplace.
• Strong knowledge of Top Vulnerabilities, proactive controls and mitigation methods.
• Ability to articulate complex technical or sensitive issues to a wide audience. Excellent communication skills – oral, written and presentation; technical reporting writing across various types of target audiences.
• Security certifications are a plus.