Our public sector client is currently looking for a Scheme Project Manager for a Cardiff based contract at £345pd inside IR35.
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Cardiff (minimum 2 days a week in Cardiff-a spilt between Site / Home / Cardiff office)
Pay Rate to Candidate: £345pd umbrella
Interview Process: One stage – Microsoft Teams
Safety critical (Sentinel) role? Yes
If Sentinel Role - Competencies required: basic PTS
Sentinel competencies required from Day 1 – Yes
Type of PPE required: to be provided by the client
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of the project to ensure that objectives are clearly defined and achieved within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints. They will play a key role in project governance, working with stakeholders to ensure the agreed project outputs are delivered to enable the projected benefits to be realised. Design the project structure appropriate to stage, selecting and applying relevant delivery methodologies. Ensure benefits are identified, understood, measured, tracked and owned. Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate. Ensure effective change management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders. Experience in the delivery of projects, governance and risk control frameworks.
Understanding of PACE/Speed
Site attendance (possible weekend cover with flexi days to compensate) – this may well be in north Wales and will require a NR licence & possible overnight stays to avoid fatigue management.
• Autonomous management of works with direct responsibility for progress/financial reporting leadership of Contractor/Sponsor/Client meetings – possibly some public interface for the LBC.
• Development and progression of the schemes listed under the leadership of the PM
• A visible presence
• Full access to OP / Teams, Projectwise - CEMAR conversant & an understanding of PACE / SPEED.
1. Accountable for delivery of low complexity projects or parts of complex projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Governance of Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable company standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate.
2. Support the project Sponsor in preparing and maintaining definitions of the project requirements.
3. Manage multi-disciplinary teams including commercial, programme controls, engineering, and others to identify solutions to client requirements and establish a robust baseline plan.
4. Identify and monitor project risks (threats and opportunities), plan and implement mitigations to them, and respond to other issues that affect the project
5. Implement and update resource allocation plans needed for delivery of the project including identification and management of critical resource requirements. Secure resources needed for projects from internal and external sources.
6. Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
7. Managing project reviews at appropriate points throughout the project lifecycle which will inform governance decisions of projects by providing evaluations of progress, performance, risk, contingency, and continuing relevance.
8. Establish, and implement where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects and updating configuration documents as required.
9. Support accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person.
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
• Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management.
• Achieved PRINCE2 Foundation or equivalent.
• Good stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
• Successful relevant experience including experience of contracting and project delivery.
• Knowledge and experience of project budget management.
• Good evaluation and decision-making skills.
• Project safety management and Health and Safety legislation knowledge.
• Knowledge safety cases in support of projects.
• Experience in the Rail Industry Sector (including application of GRIP, and Construction Design Management (CDM) on simple projects).
• Experience in risk identification, assessment and mitigation.
• Flexible and pro-active approach.
• You will be a team player with willingness to learn, challenge and get involved.