Our Government client is currently recruiting for x2 Digital Project Managers, on 6 month London/WFH contract paying £550 P/D Outside I35.
Digital Project Manager - PSR1JP00041063
Contract Length: 6 months initial
Location: London / WFH
IR35: OUTSIDE IR35
Pay Rate to Candidate: £500 - 550 per day
Security Clearance: SC ESSENTIAL AND MUST BE ACTIVE
CV Deadline: Mon / Tue COP @ for initial responses
Must have Public sector background
We need x2 General IT project focused Managers – they will be slotting into various projects they currently have running
A tooling background would be nice
An all rounder
ccountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
• Put together end to end project plans, ensuring that the suppliers’ deliverables are integrated with activities in line with legislation, policy and best practice
• Manage risks, issues and dependencies. Act as a system integrator to resolve issues between various elements of the programme
• Manage the project through the assurance and governance processes, completing project reporting documentation (Checkpoints, Exec Board Briefings, Project Board Briefings, and Monthly Reports).
• Managing the detailed delivery of any Communications, Engagement & Training Plans ensuring the business is fully engaged in any Transitions and Implementations. Effectively manage key stakeholders within and outside the Programme including internal stakeholders
• Ensure new Service Delivery Models are implemented, adopted and used by the incumbent and new suppliers.
• Providing oversight of any supplier reporting and assuring progress, including delivery and transfer to service. Ensure suppliers adhere to service implementation and delivery best practice, reviews and processes in line with Service Delivery governance guidance.
• Manage financial risk, support effective budget management within the constraints of the project.
• Ensure all services delivered are capable of acceptance into Live Service, service transition risks are clearly understood and suitable mitigations are in place.
• Contribute to the development and delivery of programme plans providing professional / technical expertise to support short and long term operational priorities and customer needs, in line with legislation, policy and best practice.
• Provide good quality management reporting on delivery, to support the planning of operational work, inform business decisions and provide a sound basis from which to communicate with all stakeholders.
• Lead and or support teams to achieve well planned and managed integrated solutions that progress effective change and improvement in the organisation and support the best outcomes. Take a consistent and ongoing approach to planning, forecasting, estimating, managing uncertainty, metrics and measurements, contingency planning and road mapping. Communicate plans, planning assumptions and progress to a range of stakeholders. Maintain the cadence of delivery and manage the relationships between different people within and across teams.
• Maintain overall integrity and coherence of the programme and governance framework to support each work stream. Monitor and Control progress and ensure delivery of assurance activities
• Protect the team and make sure the team collaborates, communicates and focuses on what is most important
• Proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles and get the best value against constraints
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Experience of working on IT infrastructure replacement projects, network applications upgrades
• Communicating between the technical and non-technical
• Planning/Financial Management
• Commitment and enthusiasm.
• Good problem-solving and analytical skills
• Good stakeholder management skills
• Project/Transition/Implementation plans, that contribute to the overall programme timeline
• Reports and briefings on progress
• Checkpoint Reports with each supplier/team
• RAID logs, including mitigation actions and management thereof
• Finance Reporting, e.g. spend to date and forecasting
• Governance reports
• Adherence to Assurance processes and outputs
• Project closure Reports, including Lessons Learned, Acceptance into Service etc
Key relationships: (internal and external)
• Senior Management Team (SMT)
• Portfolio Owners
• All Suppliers