Our client is currently recruiting for a Lean Six Sigma Project Manager, on a 6 month contract paying £650 P/D outside IR35.
Job Title: SC Lean Six Sigma Project Manager
Location: London 2-3 days a week. Otherwise working remotely from home.
Duration: Initially for a period of six months but can be extended.
• Work for the PRD Product Owner, the PRD Project Manager and other Black Belt assigned to the PRD project to assist in the administration, planning, and delivery of business improvement projects to enable improvements in customer experience and business value streams.
• Lead or assist in the lead of the delivery of Lean Six Sigma workshops working closely with Lean Six Sigma Green Belts.
• Take an active role in the delivery of the PRD product backlog and prioritised Sprints.
• Provide adhoc training, mentoring and guidance to the Lean Agent Network and others in the business in the use of Continuous Improvement tools.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Take an active role in the delivery of the PRD business improvement projects through the application of Lean Six Sigma and project management tools.
2. Assist with the definition of potential projects to support the future growth by identifying, quantifying, and comparing potential projects, and playing an active role in the prioritisation of the PRD Product backlog.
3. Assist the PRD team in securing the appropriate business sponsorship for allocated improvement projects.
4. Actively identify potential risks & issues relating to the delivery of projects and manage a resolution process in a timely manner, only escalating major issues.
5. Work with Divisions to develop and implement data gathering techniques and benchmarks to identify and rank opportunities for continuous improvement.
6. Deliver training and provide mentoring support Yellow Belt, Green Belt, Root Cause Analysis, 5S, Kaizen and workshop facilitation techniques, while being an exemplar of all of these skills among others.
• Track record of delivering business improvement projects at Black Belt Level within Financial Services.
• Experience of working with and influencing stakeholders at a manager level.
• Possesses a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Qualification.
• Ability to work with a cross functional team.
Competencies and demonstrated behaviours
1. Analytical Thinking
• Develops and uses clear criteria for guiding decisions (e.g., resources, constraints, organisational values).
• Identifies cause and effect relationships and root causes.
• Understands and evaluates numerical data, tables, charts, or graphs to get to the cause of a problem.
• Performs calculations and combines quantitative information to diagnose and solve a problem.
• Adjusts strategies to changes in the environment.
• Adopts means of communication and interaction that suit different cultures.
• Decides courses of action in ways that take account of different environments and cultures.
3. Ability to Learn
• Easily learns unique job-related vocabulary.
• Quickly understands and uses processes, technologies and ideas that are continually being updated.
• Is open to and understands new ideas.
• Learns highly complex information regarding a product or operation.
• Produces imaginative or unique responses to a problem.
• Generates alternatives before settling on a solution.
• Develops new approaches to improve or replace existing procedures or systems.
• Modifies a strongly held opinion in response to contrary evidence.
• Modifies own behaviours in response to a situation.
• Modifies behaviour to reach a goal.