Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Research Project Support Officer on a 6 month contract paying £350 P/D inside IR35.
Role: Research Project Support Officer
Contract Length: 6 months
Pay Rate to Candidate: £350
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: COP 04/05
Interview Process: 30 min teams call
As the research project support officer, you’ll be responsible for making sure the most important part of user-centric design can happen: research with actual or potential users.
You’ll deliver comprehensive research administration and support, ensuring the research systems and processes are in place to enable the User Research Team to run smoothly.
You’ll become a facilitator of knowledge sharing, helping different teams in the section learn from each others’ research. You’ll help avoid duplication and make sure the delivery teams’ time is being used effectively.
What You’ll Do
● Work together with the Research Operations and User Research team to assist with specific ad-hoc admin tasks
● Support the lead by helping to set up and run processes and ways of working across the User Research Team.
● Supporting recruitment of participants for research, speaking to participants about the process, sending out consent forms, and following up after research sessions
● Make sure actions agreed upon by team leadership are followed up on and executed by the wider team.
● Supporting with setting up and managing panels, including:
● Getting appropriate consent in place to store data
○ Calling participants to check information or accessibility needs ahead of research session
○ Scheduling, sending out confirmation emails and consent forms for specific research projects
○ Paying incentives and tracking spend against budget
○ Dealing with any ad-hoc enquiries
● Tracking recruitment spend against budget (essentially putting new recruitment projects on spreadsheet)
● Helping researchers schedule participants – e.g. setting up Teams or Zoom invites and sending links to researcher or recruiter
● Setting up consent surveys and checking participants have completed consent form prior to research session
● Downloading and deleting data from user research tools
● Monitoring use of shared accounts
● Giving and revoking access to tools, periodic changing of passwords
● Creating project codes and research areas
● Tracking which user researchers are doing which projects and chasing user researchers
● Place user research findings into our internal database
● Get feedback from URs on how to improve ResearchOps
● Update induction document and induction area
● Manage and enforce the retention schedule
Who You’ll Be
We’re looking for the following skills and experience:
● Aptitude, appetite and enthusiasm for user research - you will have done or supported research previously, either in a work or degree setting.
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Team player
● Confident communicator
● Willing to do repetitive (and sometimes boring) tasks
● Ideally have previous experience in government, health or other parts of the public sector