Quote ref: 5773/74583
This contract with our central government client is for a Project Planner for 15 months. The role is located in Aldermaston and requires 4 days per week onsite.
The Project Planner will support delivery of the complete planning capability within the business by maintaining the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
Other responsibilities for this role include:
• Supporting the Task Manager with business rhythms, schedule integrity, network analysis, Earned Value (EV) and communications with the programme and business teams.
• Creation of the Work breakdown structure, Resource loading, Project level IMS (Integrated Master Schedule), and Project-specific basis of scheduling documents.
• Input into the month-end process including Updating schedule progress. (EV percentage complete), Undertaking schedule forecasting, Updating milestone status and critical path analysis, and Undertaking schedule performance review including EV variance analysis. (SPI)
• Providing Planning input to Investment approval and Change Control process, Risk and Opportunity process, and Peer reviews.
• Production of Planning and EV deliverables in accordance with the appropriate procedures and guidelines.
• Proposing solutions and workarounds to address schedule performance issues.
• Ensuring understanding of responsibilities and demonstrating appropriate behaviours in line with the Company’s environmental, health, safety, security, quality and ethics standards.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with and awareness of project members.
• Supporting the development of the Assistant Planners.
• P6 experience
• Ability to manage challenging stakeholders
• Primavera & Microsoft Office knowledge
• Demonstrable experience in development, integration, and analysis of project plans
• Knowledge or experience of using best practice planning processes and tools
• Knowledge and understanding of confidence modelling processes and techniques
• Highly developed interpersonal skills focused on achieving and maintaining effective working relationships to meet the project goals
• Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to read and interpret charts and spreadsheets
• Ability to manage priorities and work to challenging timescales
• Ability to deliver objectives on time and to high quality with minimum supervision