- Deadline: 05.03.2024
This contract with our government client is for a Project Manager for 18 months starting in April 2024. The role is located in Corsham and requires 4 days per week onsite. The pay rate is £550/day Umbrella.
Some of the main responsibilities include:
• Delivery – Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
• Project Management – Day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team. Set project controls. Design the project structure appropriate to stage. Select and apply appropriate delivery methodologies.
• Business Case – Coordinate development of the Business Case.
• Budget – Track delivery within budget.
• Resources – Schedule / manage resources to deliver the project. May work independently or with a small team.
• Benefits Realisation – Ensure benefits are identified, understood, measured, tracked and owned. Ensure appropriate Benefits Realisation Strategy is in place, and monitor longer term delivery of benefits against the Business Case.
• Stakeholder Management – Identify key stakeholders and develop effective relationships.
• Risks & Issues – Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate.
• Governance – Provide key reports and support effective governance and decision making.
• Assurance – Support or set appropriate project assurance.
• Change Management – Ensure effective Change Management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders.
• Guidance & Support – Seek appropriate support, guidance and coaching from the project community. Show commitment to personal development. Promote effective individual and team performance.
• Project Performance & Controls – Build Project Plan and apply appropriate project principles to deliver stated objectives. Identify and set appropriate Project Controls. Track and report delivery against milestones.
• Delivery. You can identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use. You can recognise when something does not work and encourage a mindset of experimentation. You can adapt and reflect, be resilient and have the ability to see outside of the process. You can use a blended approach depending on the context. You can measure and evaluate outcomes. You know how to help teams to manage and visualise outcomes.
• Communication skills. You can listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders and interpret them. You can manage stakeholders’ expectations and be flexible. You are capable of proactive and reactive communication. You can facilitate difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders.
• Maintaining delivery momentum. You can facilitate the delivery flow of a team, managing the pace and tempo. You can actively address internal and external risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team.
• Making a process work. You can identify and challenge organisational processes of increasing complexity and those processes that are unnecessarily complicated. You can add value and can coach the organisation to inspect and adapt processes. You know how to guide teams through the implementation of a new process.
• Planning. You understand the environment and can prioritise the most important or highest value tasks. You can use data to inform planning. You can manage complex internal and external dependencies. You can provide delivery confidence. You can remove blockers or impediments that affect plans and can develop a plan for difficult situations. You ensure that teams plan appropriately for their own capacity.
• Team dynamics and collaboration. You know how to bring people together to form a motivated team. You can help to create the right environment for a team to work in and can empower them to deliver. You can recognise and deal with issues. You can facilitate the best team make-up depending on the situation.
- Finance background - highly desirable
- PRINCE2/Agile Project Management/APM Project Management Qualification/APM Practitioner Qualification