Quote ref: 2891/72355
This contract with our central government client is for a Project Manager for 6 months with a possibility for extension. The role is hybrid working and requires initially 3 days per week in their Reading, Peterborough or Welwyn office, this can be reduced to 1 day per week.
As a Project Manager your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop business cases for projects to support the organisation achieve target condition for assets, manage flood risk, and meet legal requirements.
- Manage projects in line with the organisation’s policies, procedures, and guidance.
Lead a project team, working collaboratively, with stakeholders and delivery partners to successfully deliver projects.
- Monitor and report on progress of the project schedule and expenditure, identifying risks, issues, and opportunities, with a focus on mitigation or escalation.
- Seek to influence customers and build strong partnerships with key stakeholders, customers, and suppliers, internally and externally to maintain a positive reputation, response, and effective resolution of issues.
- Encourage and develop a culture with a strong focus on health, safety and wellbeing, sustainability, inclusivity within the team to drive best practice across partner organisations and communities.
1. Contribute to the development and delivery of the departmental business plan, providing professional / technical expertise to support operational priorities in line with legislation, Client policy and required environmental outcomes.
2. Lead the delivery of specialised advice and guidance and / or effective implementation of asset management initiatives and activities. Support team members and Project Managers to resolve local issues and incidents, ensuring that decisions are appropriately evidenced on sound technical grounds and in line with best practice and timeframes.
3. Monitor progress of work, identify gaps in the delivery of priorities and take remedial action to enhance the service and ensure appropriate reallocation of time and effort across the assigned projects.
4. Identify and produce required documentation and reports to agreed quality standards to support the whole asset management lifecycle, management decisions, public enquiries, court appeals etc, so that information, evidence and Client interests are accurately and effectively presented. Provide a sound basis from which to communicate with and influence internal and external stakeholders.
5. Contribute to the successful implementation of emergency plans, including acting as ‘site controller’ during incidents to ensure effective, timely and safe response to emergency incidents.
6. Lead local projects and working groups to achieve well planned and managed integrated solutions that progress effective change and improvement in the organisation and support the best environmental outcomes.
7. Seek to influence customers and build strong partnerships with key stakeholders, customers and suppliers, internally and externally to maintain a positive reputation, response and effective resolution of issues.
8. Encourage and develop a safety conscious culture within the team to drive best practice across partner organisations and communities.
- Extensive project management experience in the delivery of public Infrastructure projects across construction. Any experience working with flood risk/coastal erosion would be advantageous
- Experience of NEC4 contracts – This is a MUST. Candidates must have had experience as an individual of NEC4 contracts rather than be familiar with.
- Stakeholder engagement at all levels
- Experience of 5 case business model – business cases. Candidates with this experience will be at an advantage
- Strong self starter – be able to hit the ground running
- Excellent Communication skills at all levels
- Have a deep understanding of Health & Safety regulations with construction projects
- Be able to set a team culture rather than recognise issues
- Preferred professional membership of Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE), Chartered Institution of Water
and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
- PRINCE2 or AMPQ qualification (or working towards)