Our public sector client are currently looking for a Project Manager to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 6 months – possibly ongoing
Rate: Up to £500 a day inside IR35
• Technology focused
• Manage the delivery of specific projects, delivering projects on schedule to budget at an appropriate level of quality using an approved project management methodology.
• Comfortable in managing multiple small projects at pace
• Ensure that the need for budgets and the use of resources (including staff - both internal and external) to take forward individual projects is considered and agreed and that expenditure and use of resources is reported on accurately
• In delivering individual projects, help ensure that business benefits are realised through successful implementation and that internal resources and external suppliers are managed to deliver the project benefits
• Ensure communication with all project stakeholders to ensure that: there is effective and timely provision of governance information to sponsors, project boards and stakeholders; progress against plans is monitored and reported on; risks and other issues are identified, managed and escalated as appropriate; and all those involved in a project or who are affected by the work of a project, are communicated with regularly
• Help develop and maintain project documentation (including standard project document templates).
• Help map dependencies across projects to ensure that project work being taken forward by the Team is properly coordinated.
• Provide cover for others in the team when required, including attendance at relevant project boards.
-Gravitas. Ability to articulate information, as will be presenting to Senior stakeholders.
-Ability to write Business cases.
-Ability to navigate complicated Government guidelines.
-Ability to articulate reports t present to board members and senior external stakeholders – (Whitehall)
-Public Sector experience in a tech heavy environment