Our rail client are currently looking for a Project Manager to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Working from home/Milton Keynes. Entire team working from home for the foreseeable
IR35: In scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £ £485 -£500
• IT project/software development
• Infrastructure project management
• Working with suppliers
• Ellipse and rail experience – useful
• IT system delivery lifecycle
• Stakeholder management
• APMP or Prince ideally
Working on multiple portfolio of projects for assets, engineering, planning and maintenance. Geospatial data
• Takes responsibility for the definition; documentation and safe execution of a single major project or a number of smaller initiatives; actively participating in all phases of the project.
• Identifies; assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Effectively estimates costs; timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to agreed terms of reference. Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and tracks all activities against the plan; providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders; as appropriate.
• Monitors and forecasts costs; timescales and resources used; and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
• Manages the change control procedure; ensures that change is captured; impact assessed and approved and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost; timescale and resource budgets; and are signed off. Gains agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors.
• Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience. Takes appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances. Actively represents the project team; ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the business. Ensures that own projects are formally closed and; where appropriate; subsequently reviewed; and that lessons learned are captured and actioned.