Our Government client is currently recruiting for x4 Project Mangers for our Public sector client, on a 12 month contract paying £450 P/D inside IR35.
Role: Project Manager
Contract Length: 12 months
Location: Work from him/Milton Keynes
IR35: in scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £450 per day Umbrella
Candidates must have an understanding of these rail systems - Train Control/Signalling, power supply and systems integration.
• European R&D project or R&D projects
• Governance experience
• Working with European partners
• Project Managements skills
• Horizon 2020 is the funding body for the projects – European funded project
• Rail background ideal – or transport sector – aviation or highways
• This post will play a key role in Europe's Railway Joint Undertaking (ERJU) delivery team operating within Technical Authority’s Research, Development & Technology function.
In this role you will be supporting the mobilisation of Network Rail’s delivery activities within the European technology and innovation Horizon Europe programme called Europe's Railway joint undertaking. This will be the successor to the Horizon 2020 railway joint undertaking, 'Shift2Rail'.
Key Tasks involved include:
• Management and delivery of plans to ensure all necessary preparation and execution tasks and dependencies are included.
• Ongoing management of those plans to achieve the delivery goals
• Work with key stakeholders to manage the deployment of all aspects of the project assigned to
• Identify and mitigate potential risks for delivery of products
• Operate as a full member of the team; supporting the Programme Manager and other team members as directed.
• Influence and understanding of governance arrangements proposed by the European Commission for the programme, this is critical as Commission funded joint undertakings carry specific and complex governance arrangements.
• Internal coordination of NR's intended input to the delivery programme with technical resource across the organisation
• Achieve maximum value for money out of our delivery of the Shift2Rail programme by influencing scope discussions to pursue innovations developed in the first programme to higher Technology readiness levels (TRLs)
• Establishment of robust budgets and plans in place for the delivery phase
• Achieve value for money by early engagement with the supply chain to set out delivery framework and contracts
• Influence the European agenda at European forums to ensure NR achieves maximum efficiency through steering scope specifications
• Embedment of lessons learnt both in delivery and governance from the current Shift2Rail programme
Maximise leveraged funding opportunity through early and consistent stakeholder engagement at pan European level
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 7th June 2021
Interview Process: via MS Teams