- to £405 per day
- Contract , 6 months
- Full time
- Industry: Government
- Discipline: Public Sector,Project Management,Programme Management
The postholder will be responsible for managing the implementation of a project or suite of projects through the full project lifecycle, ensuring that changes delivered by the project allows business case benefits to be realised. They will lead a project team in developing and implementing the project’s objectives, overseeing the project’s business governance framework and leading the engagement
They will ensure that only change which supports the delivery of the programme’s key priorities is undertaken and that value for money is assured. They will oversee the project’s business governance framework and lead the engagement with the key senior leaders and operational staff within the business.
Programme and project management
• Accountable for the effective planning of the Project in order to achieve Project objectives.
• Manage projects using appropriate techniques and governance arrangements;
• Developing and managing the Project plan to support the activity, resources and interdependencies, thoroughly considering assumptions, constraints and dependencies ensuring that these are fully recorded.
• Ensuring that the Project deliverables are fit for purpose, meets quality expectations and that appropriate standards are applied.
• Ensures that the status of deliverables and documentation is consistent.
• Monitoring performance against plans and taking effective corrective action.
• Establish clear delivery plans and monitor performance;
• Making effective decisions based on Project progress.
• Ensure performance measurement and review tools and techniques are applied effectively;
• Establishing and maintaining effective internal and external feedback mechanisms and communication;
• Actively seeking information that may have an impact on the Project and maintaining effective records;
• Experienced in the identification, assessment and management of project/programme risks – ability to manage the risks not just the list;
• Accountable for ensuring that the project delivers to time, cost and quality.
• Ensuring that the Project budget is managed within agreed tolerances and communicating project expenditure appropriately within the Programme.
• Apply CI principles, tools and techniques to working practices to improve efficiency of operations;
• Provides strong written and presentational skills; clearly communicates complex messages and detailed information on policy, design & project issues to a variety of audiences including senior management using Programme reporting formats.
• Act and role model leadership behaviours as a senior manager on the Programme;
• Lead and support the extended project team;
• Build strong and effective relationships with Business Product Owners, Regional Implementation teams and CPS Change Agents, liaising with them to maximise the effectiveness of their roles in supporting and driving the project;
• Provide feedback to the Programme Manager and relevant senior leaders to keep them up to date with progress, issues and developments;
• Engagement of and close working with specialists as required according to the project plan;
• Provide support to local management, including day-to-day planning and attendance at stand-up briefings.
• Manage effective engagement with all relevant stakeholders to make sure that, where appropriate, their needs are incorporated.
• Manage the effective delivery of the project stakeholder and communication plans.
• Act as an ambassador for change, championing the project and galvanising business support. This will include engagement with senior operational managers and communicating the project’s strategic approach and core messages to senior teams;
• Establish and foster productive relationships with identified key stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of the project.
CV Submission Deadline: 12/07/2018 @ 10.25
• Knowledge and experience of formal project management methodologies;
• Evidence of successfully implementing a large scale, national project;
• Ability to work closely with business users, to develop and agree new operating processes; Evidence of successful stakeholder management and experience of building strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
• Experience of traditional waterfall projects;
• Knowledge and experience of agile methodologies.
• Knowledge and experience of the Criminal Justice System.
- Quote ref: 990039/29391