Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Programme Support Officer on a 7 month contract paying £350 P/D inside IR35.
Programme Support Officer - T&T7911 - £350 (HEO)
Location – Remote (WFH)
Key responsibilities will include:
• Support activities by providing information for effective decision making to the Line Manager and Key Leads
• Risk Management - Support management and resolution of risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies logs and/or registers and escalating as appropriate with line manager and workstream owners to ensure timely feedback and resolution is provided.
• Monitor performance - Establish and maintain controls, monitoring and tracking project schedules, keeping the Line Manager project status. Prepare workstream reports in a timely manner.
• Stakeholder Management - Build and maintain good working relationships with key project leads including senior managers.
• Implement guidelines, procedures and templates to collect and maintain data and provide hands-on delivery support to the team.
• Implement agreed regular progress-reporting mechanisms for all workstreams and thereby monitor the routine progress of projects and assist line manager in the preparation of the team’s status highlight reports.
• Compliance - Manage and monitor compliance of project-related work and assurance reviews.
• Maintain an active involvement in developing the PMO community within Test, working closely with contracting roles in order to plan and manage roll off on some roles.
• Carry out HR activities in order to plan, manage and recruit into the team as necessary.
• Role model our organisational values (PRAISE), embedding these throughout your practice.
• Good understanding of project and/or programme management tools, techniques including planning, scheduling, risk and issue management, stakeholder engagement.
• Good communication and collaboration skills, establish and developing productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Self-motivated - creating and developing strong, productive working relationships with a wide variety of colleagues and stakeholders.
• Experience of working in a fast-paced environment in which you have been required to proactively problem-solve in order to progress tasks and projects, balance competing priorities and prioritise your workload.
• The ability to manage risks, issues, and changes; escalating and proposing solutions, where required.
• Can adapt to changing demands and ways of working to meet key deliverables at pace.
• Previous experience of building and maintaining integrated project and programme plans together with a strong Microsoft Project skill-set.