Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 20/04
The Programme Manager is responsible for leading a defined set of interdependent projects and the associated business change activities.
They have primary responsibility for successful delivery of the required outcomes, including the establishment of appropriate governance and assurance, monitoring progress, managing risks and issues and ensuring the business readiness for change.
A high-profile role, you will be accountable for the delivery and completion of programmes to time, cost and quality.
You will be the main interface between the organisation and our partners, responsible for building exemplar supplier relationships to drive effective delivery.
The importance and visibility of this role will provide you with significant opportunities to influence and build relationships with our most senior leaders, right across Portfolio and as a member of the senior management team you will be responsible for supporting other areas of the business as required and furthering our transformation and improvement activities.
Typical responsibilities may include but are not exclusive to:
• Leadership vision & objectives – Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Lead the programme to deliver the business case benefits and outcomes.
• Supporting the Portfolio Manager to ensure successful delivery of key milestones to the required quality and to the timescales agreed within the project plan.
• Programme Performance & Controls – oversee risk and issue management at programme level, analysing and identifying trends and working with the Project Directors and Heads of PMOs to put in place mitigating action. Ensure mitigations are in place and resolved through negotiated agreement.
• Work collaboratively across team/organisational boundaries.
• Risks & Issues – Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate. Identify and work with related projects to manage interdependencies.
• Governance – Support effective governance and decision making. Provide reporting and engage in mechanisms that hold you, as Programme Manager, to account for delivery.
• Assurance – Engage with assurance reviews and support action on recommendations. Organise assurance processes such as gateway reviews, as required.
• Quality Management – Ensure full consideration of new technologies, accessibility and costings. Make clear, practical and manageable plans for service delivery. Ensure adherence to legal, regulatory and security requirements in service delivery
• Project Performance & Controls – Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Develop and maintain Project/Programme Plan. Identify and set appropriate Project Controls. Manage performance and report progress to sponsors.
• Business Case – Support developing high quality Business Cases, co-ordinating any specialist input.
• Delivery Planning – Own the change plan for the project and provide input into the overall Programme/Portfolio/Transformation Plan.
• Benefits Management – Ensure benefits realisation plan is in place and an understanding of the impact of change on Benefits Management.
• Stakeholder Management – Create and maintain the stakeholder engagement strategy and plan and build partnerships and working relationships with key stakeholders.
• Dependency Management – Work with project leads and business as usual to ensure dependencies are actively managed, act as an arbiter and enforcer and resolve issues between the various elements of the programme.
• Resource Management – Secures resources and directs planning scheduling, resourcing and estimating for complex and large scale programmes.
• Line management - responsibility for a team of staff at Grade 7 and below that support the programme. Providing direction and guidance on personal development to the team and more broadly across departmental professions.