Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Product Owner, on a 6 month remote contract, paying £600 P/D Inside IR35.
Role: Product Owner
Contract Length: 6 months
Pay Rate to Candidate: £600
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: COP Tuesday 15th June
Interview Process: teams
Working closely with key stakeholders and multiple customers to set, prioritise, and accept the work generated for the ‘inventory management’ product in the supply chain programme.
The owner of the product roadmap, responsible for effective management of the product backlog.
Significant experience in managing competing demand and requirements from multiple business units, to align product roadmap to strategic goals
Experience of Product Management - owning the product roadmap
Excellent knowledge of agile scrum/kanban methodology and practices
Able to apply agile analysis techniques specifically for defining scope and backlog items (epic/feature/user stories), and acceptance criteria
Asses value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
Experience in using analysis tools & techniques including wireframes and business process modelling
Good understanding of software development practices
Experience of working with Supply Chain ERP systems, preferably Oracle Supply Chain Cloud.
Specifically experience of inventory management, including lot and batch traceability
Able to produce high quality supporting artefacts to assist the team in development of the feature
Demonstrable ability to take ownership and make decisions in a fast paced environment
Proactive in problem solving and ensuring the right people are involved
Able to facilitate meetings (e.g. lead virtual workshops to elicit requirements) within business and technical teams
Act as a liaison between the business stakeholders and technical delivery teams translating concepts into language that is easily understood by both parties
Strong communication skills with business and technical stakeholders
Experience managing delivery through with supplier development teams
Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal
Demonstrable experience working in environments with technical debt/refactoring and designing tactical to strategic roadmaps and aligning requirements to this
• Strong relationship management: excellent communication and influencing skills – verbal and written – with the ability to liaise at all levels.
• Balance of both technical awareness and business acumen.
• Ability to manage in an ambiguous environment, clarifying strategies and plans, giving a sense of direction and purpose for self and team.
• Ability to drive change and overcome obstacles and resistance.
• Constructive and collaborative but with the ability to step in and take decisions in a timely manner to move the team forward.
• Excellent people management skills, able to engage and lead, with a passion for stretching and improving both teams and processes.