NHS England ( 1 jobs)
- to £150 per day
- Contract , 4 months
- Full time
- Eligibility to work: UK
- Industry: Government
- Discipline: Public Sector,Procurement
- Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree
- Languages: English
• To validate all requisitions to ensure they conform to the Standing Orders, Standing Financial Instructions, Prime Financial Policy and Audit requirements.
• To convert requisitions into Purchase Orders in accordance with agreed SLAs.
• To ensure that a full and complete, documented audit trail is in place to cover all Purchase Orders in line with each organisation’s SFI’s or PFP’s.
• Liaise with Shared Business Services (SBS), Accounts Payable and Receivable Teams to ensure promptly resolution of issues and the payment of invoices within the 30 days payment term or less in the case of SMEs.
• Provide advice to all NELCSU customers including but not limited to CCG and NELCSU staff on the compliance of eProcurement and the full Purchase to Pay (P2P) process.
• Give support to budget holders and suppliers where appropriate on non-payment of invoices, making sure that this is resolved in a timely manner and steps are put in place for non-recurrence.
• To liaise with customers and suppliers and investigate queries providing assistance and advice as required.
• To work closely with all NELCSU Customer organisations in order to help them become fully PO compliant, by developing a “No PO No Pay” approach.
• To undertake 1st line/Help Desk support for remote Requisitioners, NELCSU customers and CSU staff.
• Provide onsite support and training at customer locations weekly/monthly or as agreed with the customer, by traveling to our customer’s sites.
• Provide classroom base training to NELCSU customers and CSU staff on raising of requisitions, approving requisitions, receipting and notifications.
• To assist in developing training materials suitable for various levels of the organisation relating to eProcurement.
• To evaluate maintain and approve electronic catalogue data.
• To ensure that purchases are made wherever possible through preferred suppliers and give advice to budget holders to ensure compliance.
• To work closely with the Procurement team in order to ensure the gap is bridged for raising a PO is raised for the payment of invoices.
• To carry out appropriate checks for new suppliers to ensure that they are valid and P2P forms completed and sent to SBS for setup.
• To ensure that location codes and supplier information are updated and maintained effectively on the system.
• To monitor and review Interface Rejection Reports and PO Invoice Reports on a daily basis to identifying invoices which requires action for matching of invoices, and resolving any holds to ensure prompt payment of invoices.
• Liaise monthly with Financial Services to obtain the latest copy of the GRNI reports for all organisation, making sure those are action accordingly.
• To work closely with Accounts Payable in order to capture PO suppler invoices being paid via the Non-PO route to make sure those are paid in the correct manner.
• To analyse expenditure trends using Purchase Orders and Accounts Payable data to produce monthly Purchase Order compliance reports/KPIs to all our customers.
• To arrange monthly meetings with each customer to go through the Purchase Order compliance report monthly, based at customers sites.
• To support the eProcurement Supervisor in the maintaining of the generic inbox on a rotational system.
• To provide training advice and support within the eProcurement team and to support Band 4s and line managers.
• To attend meetings relating to the use of Purchase Orders and their compliance.
• To undertake other duties commensurate with the Band
• To produce reports using the excel system when required, and to check/verify monthly reports produced by other for accuracy.
CV Submission Deadline: 18th April 1pm.
(Good standard level of education including Maths and English.
Qualification of NVQ level 4 or equivalent.
Experience of working in the public sector in
an eProcurement/Procurement role
Extensive experience of procure to pay process.
Experience in providing successful customer service and dealing with customers.
Excellent verbal and written communication
skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers and vendors.
Experience of Oracle and BI in order to run reports,
Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook and Oracle)
Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
Knowledge of Oracle or other procurement processes and systems
Detailed knowledge of Standing Financial
Instructions and Standing Orders
Knowledge of EU procurement requirements
Knowledge of Industry specific networks and sources of information
Knowledge of order to cash process.
- Quote ref: 990045/28148