Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Principal System Engineer on 5 month initial contract paying £700 P/D Inside IR35.
Role: Principal Systems Engineer
Contract Length: Until 30.09.21
Location: Remote working – Leeds or London based would be ideal
IR35: In scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £700 Umbrella
Security Clearance: BPSS
Interview Process: MS Teams
About this role:
This Principal Systems Engineer role is required to deliver the Interim Cervical solution implementation and system design work packages. This role is imperative to the successful delivery of the Interim Cervical Screening Solution, which sits within the Screening Technology Sub-directorate within the Product Development Directorate.
To meet the commitment to the Public Accounts Committee, the DToS Programme must deliver a new interim Cervical Screening Solution that will end reliance on NHAIS therefore significantly minimise clinical risk. To fulfil objectives within both the Secretary of State’s Tech Vision.
• Ensuring that Systems Engineering gains and retains a 'world class' standard through continuous improvement.
• Collaboration with Resource Management as required to assign relevant technical work tasks to suitably qualified and experienced personnel.
• Act a Technical Leader to deliver high quality technical output to contracted time, cost and quality.
• Ensuring consistency of technical processes, methods and tools in accordance with the GDS standards for the delivery team ensuring a coherent integration of technical activity to meet project requirements.
• Assuring the quality of engineering integrated outputs (work of all employees, contractors, and business SMEs) in accordance with authorised Technical Delivery Plans;
• Effective capture and analysis of Customer requirements to generate System Requirements
• Co-ordinating technical aspects of bids including delivery planning and estimates; generating innovative technical/solutions with an associated work breakdown structure.
• Ensuring the production of appropriate Technical Delivery Plans and adherence throughout the engineering project lifecycle.
• Identifying project technical risks and mitigations working with the Project Manager with their management and control.
• Compliance with business processes and engineering governance
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
Masters or equivalent qualification, specifically in a computer, scientific or mathematical subject or equivalent experience.
• Evidence of specialist knowledge in Agile, DevOps and NoOps.
• Significant evidence of being able to lead multiple teams / squads delivering complex services.
• Significant evidence of being able to design secure and highly available systems.
• Significant evidence of continuing professional development.
• Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of specific technical specialisms, provision of detailed advice regarding their application and execution of specialised tasks. The specialism can be any area(s) of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area (such as Java, Python, Splunk, Windows/Linux Admin, Apache, LDAP, SQL, and Cisco IOS)
• Prior recognition in a technical discipline to support previous hands-on experience
• Is able to employ experience of their specialism(s) to directly benefit delivery of solutions
• Significant knowledge of Cloud based technologies.
• Experience of systems architecture and design.
Values and Behaviours
• People Focused: You value and promote positive relationships with colleagues, customers and the public and are responsive to their needs.
• Trustworthy: You act with integrity, impartiality and openness and in the best interests of the public.
• Professional: You deliver on your commitments by applying the highest levels of expertise, conduct and personal responsibility.
• Innovative: You actively embrace change and bring new ideas to deliver excellent services for your customers and better outcomes for the public.