Environment Agency ( 1 jobs)
UK, Central London,
- from £23 to £28 per day
- Contract , 5 months
- Full time
- Eligibility to work: UK
- Industry: Government
- Discipline: Public Sector,Communications,Sales & Marketing
- Languages: English
We are looking for a Senior Press Officer to join the national media team.
As part of the role you will:
• Lead on media enquiries ranging from national broadcasters and newspapers to technical enquiries from trade publications.
• Produce briefings and Q&As to prepare senior leaders for high-profile and challenging media interviews.
• Plan and implement communication strategies - including social media - to promote the positive work that the Environment Agency does.
• Provide advice and guidance to senior leaders and colleagues about the management of media queries and emerging issues
• Work closely with the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra) press office on shared communication priorities. This will include writing submissions and recommendations to Ministers.
The Environment Agency`s work is often in the public eye. Our media activity ranges from promoting a Â£2.5 billion investment in new flood defences around the country, to high-profile prosecutions for serious pollution incidents and work to improve thousands of kilometres of rivers for people and wildlife.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Communications Officer to join our media team. You will have senior-level experience in a busy press office role and excellent news judgment. A proven track record of delivering effective communications and providing expert media handling advice will be essential.
You will also be able to juggle priorities and work to tight deadlines in a fast-moving, constantly-changing environment.
Previous experience in government communications roles is desirable but not essential.
The Maximum Hourly Pay Rate: Â£28.92 Umbrella / Â£23.14 PAYE
CV Submission Deadline: Tuesday 25/04/17 @ 14:30pm.
- Quote ref: 2891/21900