Environment Agency ( 2 jobs)
UK, Greater London, London, Central London,
- from £23 to £28 per day
- Contract , 5 months
- Full time
- Eligibility to work: UK
- Industry: Government
- Discipline: Public Sector,Communications,Sales & Marketing
- Languages: English
We are looking for a Senior Press Officer to join the national media team.
As part of the role you will:
• Lead on media enquiries ranging from national broadcasters and newspapers to technical enquiries from trade publications.
• Produce briefings and Q&As to prepare senior leaders for high-profile and challenging media interviews.
• Plan and implement communication strategies – including social media - to promote the positive work that the Environment Agency does.
• Provide advice and guidance to senior leaders and colleagues about the management of media queries and emerging issues
• Work closely with the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra) press office on shared communication priorities. This will include writing submissions and recommendations to Ministers.
The Environment Agency’s work is often in the public eye. Our media activity ranges from promoting a £2.5 billion investment in new flood defences around the country, to high-profile prosecutions for serious pollution incidents and work to improve thousands of kilometres of rivers for people and wildlife.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Communications Officer to join our media team. You will have senior-level experience in a busy press office role and excellent news judgment. A proven track record of delivering effective communications and providing expert media handling advice will be essential.
You will also be able to juggle priorities and work to tight deadlines in a fast-moving, constantly-changing environment.
Previous experience in government communications roles is desirable but not essential.
The Maximum Hourly Pay Rate: £28.92 Umbrella / £23.14 PAYE
CV Submission Deadline: Tuesday 25/04/17 @ 14:30pm.
- Quote ref: 2891/21900