Our Government client is currently for a Policy Advisor, on a 6 month contract basis paying £400 P/D Inside IR35 remote.
Role: Policy Advisor
Contract Length: 6 months
Pay Rate to Candidate: £400 - UMBRELLA
Need people with experience of Physical Security (police, security etc).
Also need to be able to work in a fast paced environment often with little direction and lots of ambiguity.
Responsibilities and Skills
• Change Management: This role is about changing improving Security Policy so that the whole national testing architecture is safe and secure. It requires the ability to understand and change systems, to influence senior stakeholders
• Commercial Awareness: The role will require understanding of business needs in order to be able to improve the design and operation of privately-run testing centers and labs. There will be frequent exposure to business operations and involvement in the commercial implications of testing decisions, and vice versa (challenging commercial to ensure the continued security of testing).
• People Management: This role with require constant use of people management skills, from working with external suppliers, negotiation with OGDs and NGA’s, and influencing very senior stakeholders to improve processes. It will require constant matrix management of nearby teams.
• Project Management: While not leading the operational delivery of security policy this role requires the ability to understand, interpret and report project progress, risks and issues to iteratively improve how security is performing so that the testing architecture is assured.
• Policy Skills: This role is in essence an operational policy development role as it’s purpose is to advise Senior Officials such as Ministers and Directors on how to ensure that the UK is securing the testing programme and ultimately does not suffer from repeated waves of infections. This requires the bringing together of evidence and analysis, interpretation and presentation of policy advice, then taking decisions to implement them, the full policy cycle.
• Strategy: continue to develop and adapt a strategy for how security will need to adapt as the testing programme itself changes.
• Managing a Quality Service: Deliver objectives with professional excellence, expertise and efficiency, taking account of diverse team needs.
• Working Together: Form effective partnerships and relationships with people both internally and externally, from a range of diverse backgrounds, sharing information, resources and support.
• Communicating and Influencing: Communicate purpose and direction with clarity, integrity and enthusiasm. Respect the needs, responses and opinions of others
• Managing Effective Decisions: Use evidence and knowledge to support accurate, expert decisions and advice. Carefully consider alternative options, implications and risks of decisions.
• Delivering at Pace: Take responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 5pm 17/06
Interview Process: 1 stage via Teams