Our Major Public sector client is currently recruiting for Performance Analyst on a 12 months contract paying £21.74 P/H.
Role: Performance Analyst
Contract Length: 12 months
Salary: £21.74 umb
Security Clearance: BPSS (Basic Disclosure)
Minimum Requirement: concrete analytical skills and experience & experience measuring performance or handling KPIs.
Interview Process: MS Teams
The Performance Analyst will be responsible for the ongoing production and continuous improvement o. With the support of the Business and Operationl Delivery Management Officers in the team, the postholder will also be responsible for coordinating the implementation and expansion of our Performance Management Framework and associated tools – KPIs, goals and objectives, KPI calculators amongst others – to develop, analyse and challenge corporate performance measures and frameworks. Being able to visualise this data in meaningful, impactful ways using various tools and systems (ex. Excel, PowerBI and Tableau) will be key to success at this role. The postholder will aim to become a champion for developing and improving Key Performance Indicators with various stakeholders.
The performance analyst will also be responsible for consistently comparing intended outcomes with actual outcomes and adapting approach and framework appropriately in line with any changes. They will be expected to consistently evaluate data and information quality controls to ensure KPIs and their data sources remain effective, to identify any errors or inconsistencies in the various flows, and to escalate where necessary.
The performance analyst will be expected to quickly develop an understanding of complexities surrounding performance information and data. Strong research, communication, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills will be critical to the successful candidate’s ability to perform this job successfully. They must be comfortable reviewing metrics and outputs with senior stakeholders, and challenging methodologies where necessary.
This role is part of the Corporate Performance and Analysis function and will sit within the Performance Management unit. With a vibrant, growing, interdisciplinary and co-operative team, there is scope to learn various skills as well as quickly make an impact both within the function and the organization as a whole.
Key skills and experience needed:
• Highly numerate, with complex analytical thinking and innovation to ensure targets and thresholds have been set in accordance with the performance framework and that actual performance meets these standards and conforms to expectations.
• Strong experience of using Excel (or any other visualization tool) to develop and design outputs, including reports and dashboards. Interest or experience in visualising succinct graphical output from abstract concepts.
• Strong experience of designing business performance metrics and KPI target setting. It is also vital to have the competence to analyse financial and other information, (ex. live service performance, information governance, workforce metrics among others).
• Willingness and aptitude to learn new tools, new systems, methodologies as well as develop them.
• Experience of undertaking research and collect data to identify future trends based on past performance.
• Good knowledge of performance metric analysis or Performance Management Process.
• Solid communication skills and the ability to determine customer requirements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present confidently to customers and to large groups.
• Understanding of the requirements of GDPR and other data protection legislation in place to protect privacy to provide customers with appropriate data.
• Competencies likely to be associated with success in this role include strong problem-solving skills, creativity, intellectual curiosity, and the consistent pursuit of better answers.
• Experience of building and maintaining reports in Tableau, PowerBI or any other Business Intelligence tool.
• Basic understanding of ETL processes and best practices.
• Ability to write and/or understand VBA/macros for automating quality and control.