UK, Central London,
- to £450 per day
- Contract , 4 months
- Full time
out of scope of IR35
The opportunity on offer
We wish to hire a Tech Lead for our EUC Infrastructure team and we are looking for a subject matter expert that has a passion for new tools, devices and gadgets and is motivated by continuous improvement.
As the Tech Lead, you will be responsible for the end user and supplier relationships and progressing our ability to support our teams.
Our infrastructure environment encompasses Windows 10, supporting web and ID services, mobile device management (MDM), networks, telephony, mobile services and devices and printing services.
The scope of your responsibilities
● your primary responsibility will be to provide technical infrastructure maintenance and support for our internal end users across their Windows 10 environment and our wider infrastructure environment that includes desktop, master data management, device management, identity management, security and support services such as printing devices;
● you’ll take responsibility for understanding end user requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution;
● working with our Change Managers to ensure services and applications are kept up to date,you’ll be responsible for changes to service, configuration items, organisational change, supplier change and associated documentation;
● take ownership of the reduction of technical risk, security performance and availability of service for end user whilst implementing policy and process principles to support the team objectives with a focus on continual improvements;
● you’ll own technical problems and proactively resolves any issues ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements; in addition, you’ll investigate 3rd line support issues, provide solutions and look at options for future proofing against these issues;
● you will become a point of contact for our 3rd party suppliers and vendors and you’ll establish a collaborative working relationship to deliver the best results for our end users;
● you will manage the lifecycle of these services and products and you’ll be looking at developments in these technologies and assessing the value to the Department;
The person specification
We are looking for a combination of skills, experience and knowledge complimented by vision and active thought leadership; we expect that the ideal individual for this opportunity will be able to show us how they can fulfil the following criteria;
● you’ll have expertise in Windows 10 technical environments and wider infrastructure environments that include desktop, master data management, device management (e.g. Intune), identity management, security and associated technologies;
● expertise in ‘ID as a service’ using products such as Okta are required;
● knowledge of Agile/Scrum and ITIL concepts and experience of using these methodologies in other change and transformation environments would be beneficial;
● you will be an good knowledge in the Office 365 suite of products;
● you will be an expert mobile-first solutions and your technical knowledge will cover building of mobile infrastructure, security and the deployment of mobile solutions;
● you’ll a deep understanding of Microsoft’s administration, release management and configuration management processes and procedures;
● we’d like you to have an awareness of the wider productivity tools marketplace such as Google Apps, Slack and Skype for Business etc.
● our focus on our people is key and we’d like you to provide evidence of your experience of developing others either through coaching and mentoring;
● you will have direct experience of working collaboratively with suppliers;
● you’ll have an in-depth understanding of service management framework principles and processes and the ability to apply the technical knowledge in project or programme activities;
● we’ll want you to drive the analysis, identification, prioritisation and implementation of improvements and efficiencies to ensure that
CV Submission Deadline: 01/06/2018 @ 15:20pm
Desirable skills, experience and knowledge:
● experience in Project Management and developing plans of action and delivery based on milestones would be a positive for this opportunity;
● you will be familiar with organisational change management including end user training;
● demonstration of where you have documented information relating to the assets including identification, classification and specification of all items, and information related to storage, access, versions would be very positive;
● we would be interested in input on the automation of processes and how to figure out costs and benefits of new approaches and leading change or assisting implementation where needed.
- Quote ref: 995218/28980