- Deadline: 04.03.2024
This contract with our central government client is for a Mechanical Engineer for 12 months. The role is located in Cumbria and requires 3 days per week onsite. The pay rate for this role is £20.19-£22.02/hour PAYE, £26.54-£28.95/hour Umbrella.
You will perform the role of Mechanical Designer as directed and supervised by the Lead Mechanical & Responsible Engineer, providing a design service to the Task Delivery team supporting a number of portfolios across the business.
• Supporting and assisting with the implementation and delivery of safe, legally compliant, pragmatic fit for purpose mechanical engineering design solutions that meet functional and business requirements across a number of portfolios.
• To perform the role of Mechanical Designer as directed and supervised by the Lead Mechanical & Responsible Engineer, providing a design service to the Task Delivery team.
• Dealing with uncertainties and challenging technical problems, whilst operating within a complex and highly regulated environment.
• To provide scheduled design support to reduce operating hazards in the operational plants on their site.
• Delivering engineering design packages to meet problem definitions from the plant owners.
• A degree in relevant engineering discipline with at least 2 years design delivery experience OR other qualification such as BTEC, HNC, HND, with 5-8 years design delivery experience.
• A sound engineering background with knowledge of general mechanical design aspects such as material selection, tolerancing, geometric tolerancing, surface finishes, and welding.
• Familiarity and experience using AutoCAD, Inventor, (or other 3D Packages) and Raster editor.
• Experience of producing Pipeline Design Isometrics required for Fabrication.
• Previous experience producing design packages, suitable for manufacture and installation, containing drawings, method statements, risk assessments, etc.
• Familiarity and experience designing equipment for in cell applications involving remote maintenance and operation.
• Previous experience involving the design of mechanical/electrical machinery.