Our Nuclear client is currently recruiting for a Lead Digital Engineer, on a contract basis, paying £650 P/D inside IR35 based in Harwell.
Role: Lead Digital Engineer
Contract Length: 24 months
Pay Rate to Candidate: £650 p/d UMBRELLA
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 01ST September
We are looking to retain the services of a high calibre and experienced Lead Digital Engineer / BIM Manager to join our team. You will support the development, implementation and deployment of our digital engineering systems with a focus on advancing our digital transformation with an ambition to work smarter with a practical and accessible digital strategy that can evolve as the limits and technology available develop.
Responsibilities focus on supporting our digital ambitions both internally and with our supply chain in the successful implementation of key digital initiatives, which you will lead in shaping our strategy for the business which include new and advanced methods of using information data, 3D modelling and visualisation for design, manufacturing, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance.
You will be curious and bring a talent for mining information to learn new technologies and assimilate to a cohesive strategy mindful of our needs to hold and manage information in an a secure fashion.
You will work closely with stakeholders within the business and our supply chain for the development, implementation and delivery of our digital engineering strategies. As our Lead Digital Engineer you will support and drive consistency in implementation through robust input to contract technical specifications and provide oversight to the implementation and continuous improvement of our capability and capacity in line with industry best practice and emerging innovation and technology.
• Contribute towards the development of Building Information Modelling capability, related to our role as a ‘nuclear’ client who will be required to both perform, oversea and receive work, in line with industry best practice and emerging innovation and technology.
• Lead the implementation of our digital capability and our ability to integrate with or receive outputs from our supply chain through applying appropriate resource, process and protocols at bid, pre-construction, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance.
• Support the development of our staff to deliver Digital Engineering
• Develop ‘Digital' Implementation Strategies, which will evolve from concept and feasibility stages through to delivery and operational phases over the lifetime of the programme.
• Support and maintain collaborative working relationships with key Design Partners and the Supply Chain and ensuring alignment across Digital Strategies.
• Setup and implementation of Digital Engineering on projects by applying appropriate influence, input, resource, process and protocols at bid, pre-construction, construction, commissioning, handover, operation and maintenance.
• Provide instruction, oversight and audit of supply chain to ensure they are working to our requirements communicated through contract technical specifications
• Development of specific solutions to deliver in accordance with our Digital Engineering Deliverables Menu.
Influence, develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to deliver BIM strategies.
• A good understanding of BIM industry standards and good understanding of multiple BIM processes and platforms.
• Provide technical leadership of our digital ambitions across all information, analysis, design, and visual data platforms. Visual platforms include GIS, AutoCAD, and Revit and are likely to extend to include PDMS type systems, construction modelling etc.
• Shape and inform preferred platforms for supply chain use based of relevant practice and capability to perform tasks
• Lead supply chain resources to augment our digital capability in developing specifications, processes, procedures and working environment for digital engineering.
As this is a leadership role you will be responsible for our Digital / BIM professionals and will provide direction to our supply chain. You will also need excellent communication and teamwork skills and have knowledge of the design, manufacturing, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance processes.
The role will also entail supporting the development of other digital tools and knowledge of applications such as Autodesk Revit, Navisworks and other BIM programmes.
Knowledge, qualifications, experience, and training:
• Degree in BIM Engineering or a related discipline or be able to demonstrate through similar and relevant experience
• Revit / Dynamo / BIM 360
• AutoDesk Products such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and
• GIS platforms including ArcGIS
• Aveva products such as PDMS, E3D
• Integraph PDMS
• Construction modelling
• Computer Aided facilities management platforms
• Electronic document management systems
• Digital surveying, characterisation and monitoring systems
• Requirements / system engineering
• Familiarity with project development work stages
• Familiarity with contract documentation and digital Intellectual Property controls
• Familiar with needs of secure environments and handling secure information and able to obtain appropriate security clearances, BPSS min.
• ISO 19650 / BS 1192
• Asset coding structures
• ONR Licence Condition 6 and ONR NS-TAST-GD-017 Annex 2 (Civil Engineering – Building Information Modelling)