This contract with our defence client is for a Labourer/General Hand for 4 months. The role is located in London.
Some of the responsibilities for this role include:
• Ensure all designated areas are inspected for cleanliness daily and where necessary carry out remedial actions to ensure areas are clean and tidy (manually sweeping with a broom or other equipment that will be provided with training).
• Ensure that sufficient stocks of cleaning materials and accessories are available for his task through the SQMS Department.
• Report all faults found with the internal and external areas while carrying out his duty.
• Comply with JSP 375, 440, 800 and the Defence Logistics Framework
• Responsible for collection of bulk rubbish (white goods, etc.) and organise removal and/or disposal.
• Labouring, moving furniture and other items DAS between departments.
• Building flat packed furniture when required.
• Moving and repositioning furniture as directed and within the Squadron.
• Ensure all access ways, entrances and egresses are clear free from litter and debris.
• Escort visitors and contractors when required.
• Assist the QM, SQMS, Store’s JNCO and Storeman with tasks in and around each of the stores’ locations, offices and SLA type accommodation (can involve lifting and carrying, boxing up of items, counting and labelling).
• Answer the telephone and liaise with external individuals.
• Assist with the general husbandry of the QM’s Department.
• Arrange the disposal of recycling materials, including DAS and office furniture.
• Act as porter for the QM’s Department and Regent’s Park Barracks.
• Any other duties as delegated by the QM or SQMS.
• The general hand is to assist and where necessary exchange bedding, should the bedding storeman be off or need assistance. The general hand may be required to assist with the loading and unloading of vehicles within his duty period, should this be the case he will have training, be supervised and not work alone when carrying out this activity.